• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prokofieff - Fairy Tail.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Prokofieff - Fairy Tail.

Sorry, the mix was so terrible I had no other choice but to take this one off. I may post it in the next couple of days if I have the time to work on it.
    Styxx

Re: Prokofieff - Fairy Tail.

Hey Styxx, Looks like you’re in for another bout of rain. Hope your studio makes it through OK.

Karl

Yes, yes yes. Mr. Burrell reminded me of the reason why it sounded so digitally dirty. I will do it again tonight and send it for listing again on my website.
    I actually have two versions, one with piano and Roland "Fantasy" sound with a slight layer of "Goblin". I may post that on the site as well. I think you'll like the effect rendered by the synth sounds. GPO piano of course.
    Prokofieff, great music!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Hey Styxx, Looks like you’re in for another bout of rain. Hope your studio makes it through OK.

Karl
    I did some extensive waterproofing past couple of days but I am still getting a trickle in from somewhere. Lost enough can't afford more. I ordered a new Yamaha Pro recording series bass drum to replace the one that was damaged. $800! The drum has to be special ordered with the old style "T" tuning lugs to match and color as well. We built a one-foot riser for the set and moved it to a higher area. (Mount Everest) Figures, the spot I did all the work in for a studio is the spot that has the problem.
    Thanks for thinking about me.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I actually have two versions, one with piano and Roland "Fantasy" sound with a slight layer of "Goblin".
    One of the things I always found varied the widest between General MIDI sets was the Goblin sound. I had a Turtle Beach card from way back and it had a really cool Goblin, but the Roland GM that I have now has a really really lame Goblin.

Wow, that sounded like I really care about the goblin, like I've written a dissertation...maybe I should. Hmmm...3 hours of sleep isn't cutting it.

That's probably why I only layered it slightly to give it part a haunting feel and Dream state Fantasy feel. I couldn't say exactly what Prokofieff was portraying here as to what side of the "Fairy Tale" he meant. Dark side or lighter "Fantasy"? Maybe Danielle could shed some insight?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum