Atari seeks : Audio Technician

Job title :

Audio Technician - Bothell, Washington

Date Posted: 08-20-2004
    Closing Date: 09-30-2004

Details

Good luck getting in to everybody !

Re: Atari seeks : Audio Technician

sweet!!! I just beat their newest game Demonstone and I'm looking forward to Dragonball Z 3 in November, Atari is shaping up to be my new favorite behind EA and Square.

although I wonder how the chain works in games there might be 4 company's that work on a project and that are listed on the packaging and loading screens when you boot up... I wonder who does what?
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

I always find it curious the assumption that composers do sound effects and vice versa... you seldomly see job descriptions for just one of the two positions

although I wonder how the chain works in games there might be 4 company's that work on a project and that are listed on the packaging and loading screens when you boot up... I wonder who does what?
    I have no idea either
    I think one might be the publisher company , the other ones could be the ones that developed the game

I always find it curious the assumption that composers do sound effects and vice versa... you seldomly see job descriptions for just one of the two positions
    Yeah, i guess it's something that started from the older days where the game composers where also programmers , sound effect designers and whatever else.
    I think it's a good thing though for a composer to know how to do sound effects too , generally

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Job title :

Audio Technician - Bothell, Washington

Date Posted: 08-20-2004
    Closing Date: 09-30-2004

Details

Good luck getting in to everybody !
    Thanks for the good wishes! I applied for this, but who knows if they'll even open the envelope? Guess all I can do is keep hopeful.
    Todd Kinsley
    Sound Designer

http://www.toddkinsley.com

Hey Tower , i visited your site and opened the orchestral excerpt piece .
    It loaded in a new window and i pressed play .

The sound was going : M----U--S-----I-----C-------M---U--S----I where all the - are silence .
    When i tried to close the window my computer crashed ( Honestly !)
    I tried opening it again now but the sound is the same .I tried king lear's theme and the same playing problem occured.

Maybe a mp3 download Right-click would be more simple ??
    Just letting you know

Atari doesn't mind little newbies paying them $200 for an entire game and telling them "that's pro fees!".
    (didn't happen to me hey !

Can you sleep mister Bonnel ?
    I wish Atari (Infogrammes!) will die crawling under a mountain of CyberMorph Jaguar cartridges...
    News & Music here.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Hey Tower , i visited your site and opened the orchestral excerpt piece .
    It loaded in a new window and i pressed play .

The sound was going : M----U--S-----I-----C-------M---U--S----I where all the - are silence .
    When i tried to close the window my computer crashed ( Honestly !)
    I tried opening it again now but the sound is the same .I tried king lear's theme and the same playing problem occured.

Maybe a mp3 download Right-click would be more simple ??
    Just letting you know
    Well, that's not good news, eh? Might I ask what kind of system you are using? I haven't heard of any problems before with my site... and I've accessed it from different computers myself... but maybe there is some problem interfacing with your specific computer or net set up? Are you running broadband? Any details you could provide might help, as I'll pass them along to my webmaster (who happens to be my brother). Anyone else have problems with the music demos on my site? If there's a big problem, I definitely need to know, as I've been sending the link to employers! ; ^ ( Thanks for the feedback, Theodor!
    Todd Kinsley
    Sound Designer

http://www.toddkinsley.com

Hey Tower, i have cable connection and a pretty fast computer Amd 2Ghz. I don't have Quicktime registered, i am just using the freeware edition .

I tried to re-create the crash and i could not , so maybe it was a coincidence . But i still can't get a stable flowing sound . ( i tried 5 minutes ago again )

This mp3 is exactly what i hear when i play the songs :

For Tower - Second song from the end of the list

Ps : Let me know when you hear the mp3 so i can remove it from that page , if you need any other info ask freely

EDIT :

I heard the rest of the mp3's as well . It seems afterall that the only songs that have a problem is Alpha Force and King Lear's heme. The rest seem to play ok
    False alarm ?

Go Back to forum