• Register
  • Help

Topic: New PC User With Question about Norton Utilities and Giga

Share/Bookmark

Re: New PC User With Question about Norton Utilities and Giga

I use Norton Utilities to check my hard drive for errors (Disk Doctor) and to defrag my drive (Speed Disk). I recommend not running the system checks, virus scan and other utilities while doing music. During the install pick the options to not let them run in the background. You can still set them to not run if you installed with them active. Speed Disk is great for defragging and is much faster and configurable than the one provided with Windows.

Re: New PC User With Question about Norton Utilities and Giga

Originally posted by Haydn:
    I use Norton Utilities to check my hard drive for errors (Disk Doctor) and to defrag my drive (Speed Disk). I recommend not running the system checks, virus scan and other utilities while doing music. During the install pick the options to not let them run in the background. You can still set them to not run if you installed with them active. Speed Disk is great for defragging and is much faster and configurable than the one provided with Windows.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Haydn....that\'s exactly the way it is on the Mac as well.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

New PC User With Question about Norton Utilities and Giga

I\'m running Giga on a PC but do all recording and sequencing on my Mac. I\'m a long time Mac user, but the PC is new to me. Do any of you guys recommend having Norton Utiliities on your Giga PC? I know there are some aspects of Norton that want to be running in the background all the time, and I don\'t know if this is advisable with Giga. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Go Back to forum