• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Black Grand User Demo - Mr M P by Richard Krull

Share/Bookmark

Black Grand User Demo - Mr M P by Richard Krull

Just got this fantastic demo sent to me by Richard Krull, (who also in the past made some great stuff with the White Grand).

There are two versions of "Mr M.P" - The first uses the Close Perspective of the Black Grand, the second uses the Medium Ambience Perspective.

No tweeking was done to te samples other then adding a little bit of a hall reverb.
    Richard plays the Black Grand and also wrote te bass part.
    Drums played using Octopad II by Paco Garcia.

Samples used besides the Black Grand :
    Trilogy Acoustic Bass
    Drumkit from Hell

Mr M.P - Black Grand Close
    Mr M.P - Black Grand Medium Ambience

For more info about te Black Grand Library, check out SampleTekk
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Black Grand User Demo - Mr M P by Richard Krull

great demos...cant wait for my Black Grand to arrive !

Quote Originally Posted by mal7
    great demos...cant wait for my Black Grand to arrive !
    on it's way......
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Nice.

Worra,
    Do you have a special deal for people who have previously purchased your White Grand?

Thanks, Ralph Olstad

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Olstad
    Worra,
    Do you have a special deal for people who have previously purchased your White Grand?

Thanks, Ralph Olstad
    Hi Ralph.

Yes, this was the original plan.
    However, this became to complicated to administrate since people have bought the White Grand not only from us, but also from many resellers.
    We then decided to offer another offer: That anyone buying the Black Grand during September would get a DVD with 2 other pianos free, (Studio Grand 88 and Rain Piano). The value of that offer is $190.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I ordered my Black Grand today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!!!!!

Sorry - I am rather excited by it...

Thumbs up Re: Black Grand User Demo - Mr M P by Richard Krull

Possibly the finest synthetic example of trio jazz I've ever heard. Well done Richard and Worra. Together, you two are pushing the boundaries. I think it may be time to get the credit card out again...

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjduck
    Possibly the finest synthetic example of trio jazz I've ever heard. Well done Richard and Worra. Together, you two are pushing the boundaries. I think it may be time to get the credit card out again...

Steve
    I thank you for your kind words Steve. The natural result is possible because it is all live/not edited midi events (real time) and of course the Black Grand is very easy to play if you are a real piano player. It is responsive and very well balanced all over each of the keys. Just out of the box and with an adapted keyboard velocity curve. I use an exponential one in my old Roland A-80. I will try soon with the Kawai MP9500 wich is maybe the best controller for piano.
    Living in Spain I am impatient to see the GS3 t be available and thus to try out Black Grand v. GS3 with all the sympathetic harmonics and repedalling capability!

Thanks,

Hi Richard

I am a player. In fact, my interest in Giga pianos comes from a desire to improve my live sound. I've bought a few pianos over the past couple of years - Bardstown Bosendorfer, Post Bosendorfer 290, Post Steinway D Lite, Studio Grand 88 etc. All great, but I'm still using a top of the range Yamaha Clavinova (CLP170).

I would be interested to hear your views on how the Black Grand compares with other pianos for the genre of music featured in your excellent demo. I listen to a lot of Keith Jarrett and Dave Newton (Stacey Kent). They both have wonderfully recorded pianos on record. It would be great to recreate something similar to that sound (if you've heard it)...

I guess a lot may be in the amplification.

All the best
    Steve

Go Back to forum