• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forums at Music Player good discussions

Share/Bookmark

Forums at Music Player good discussions

Just ran across a set of forums at:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Wide set of discussions that seem in the same vein as ours. One of the forums is the Keyboard Corner. Developers from the old Ensoniq and the Gem piano module are there. A little more talk about hardware synths than you see here, but Giga and getting a good piano sound come up a lot, too.

Re: Forums at Music Player good discussions

(The Keyboard corner is the forum from Keyboard Magazine, I now see.)

I actually abandoned those forums for this one, lol!

I personally enjoy these boards allot more, though musicplayer obviously has a wider variety of topics. I think this can lead to "over stimulation" which may also lead to less meaningful replies, which to me makes it a less valuable resource.

Plus the community atmosphere and general user friendliness is much better here. What can I say, I love you guys!

The first thing i saw when i visited that site is this :

Small Keyboard VIdeo
    ( click to stream, not downloadable )

It is a MUST see ! , so good it makes you happy

Talking Re: Forums at Music Player good discussions

))) Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    One of the forums is the Keyboard Corner. Developers from the old Ensoniq and the Gem piano module are there.
    Just recently I have been thinking to myself how interesting it would be if the GEM engineers were available here to critique the pianos - my understanding is that GEM synthesized their pianos by "breaking apart" the sound in to component parts, which means they should be able to express their opinions in a very detailed way. There is a slight flaw in this logic, however - they will most likely be biased against sampled pianos. (and, for that matter, any competitive product) ;^) ;^)

Greg.

Go Back to forum