• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone Using this Celtic Stuff?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone Using this Celtic Stuff?

Hi All,

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...eltic&x=7&y=10

I'm looking for some good (well- great) Celtic voices to compliment GPO and can play on a midi kb through Kontakt into Sonar. I'm really new to this, just trying to get my DAW up and running now.

What exactly am I looking at here? Will the giga play with Kontakt without problems? What about the price discrepancy between the 3?

If the $20 one is more like sample loops or something, then I wouldn't care for it. I just want sampled instruments that I can simply play note by note.

Anyone familiar with this stuff, and how good it is?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Anyone Using this Celtic Stuff?

I own the Complete Celt 2 CD and it's really good. The recordign quality is great. BUT it's pretty much sampled phrases, not single notes.

If you need to put together celtic music for a short cue in a film, it's very handy, but if you're going to use it to build a real song, then I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, it's an audio CD, which means you'e got to chop up all the audio files into individual wav/aiff files for your sampler.

I don't know a thing about the other 2 cds though.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Re: Anyone Using this Celtic Stuff?

Thanks Mark,

Yes it does help. It confirms Murphy's Law, which states that the $20 item is never what I need, that only the expensive one will do.

Cheers,

Michael

Go Back to forum