• Register
  • Help

Topic: NFX_GPulse folder...?!

NFX_GPulse folder...?!

I'd be most grateful for a tip with regards to the placement of the "GigaPulse" folder...and another question:

First, a little background of how I got cornered:
    My first install seemed ok, but when attempting to load GPulse, it was not available and I got a message to install the Pulses...

So, as I didn't want to risk and reinstall a second instance of GS3 while attempting to only install the Pulses, I browsed the DVD and carried the Pulses folder over to the Tascam folder....MISTAKE!

It prevented me from rebooting GS3 for 6 hours...and strangely, during bootup, was getting stuck while the loadup window was clearly looking for something in the Recycle Can Folder...

1- So, I went through a restore, which has at least enabled me to start up GS3, but I'm yet to install the Pulses - should this be done separately?

2- Should I not bother doing all this on the back of a "Restore"?...and I'm still unclear as to the registration...will my second and last chance be gone if I do a fresh install of XP?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: NFX_GPulse folder...?!

The installer did seem to need to use its default paths, so I reluctantly let it -- c:\program files\tascam\ has some of the gigapulse files
    and c:\program files\tascam\components some more.

Re: NFX_GPulse folder...?!

Thanks G,

Well, I'll investigate it...isn't it strange that it would install them in two places?...
    Well, if you are accessing some Pulses from both folders automatically, then I guess all's ok.

I'll post again if something else about this gets problematic.

Go Back to forum