• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and Nuendo?

Share/Bookmark

Talking GPO and Nuendo?

Hi all!

I have listened to a lot (well most, actually of the great songs you guys have posted on this site, and also read all there is to read about the GPO, and I - am - so - convinced! Oh yeah!! (Gary, you're a genious :-)

Unfortunately it looks like my buddy through all these years (Logic 5.5 for pc, that is) isn't quite up to the task anymore. Time to move on...

So does anyone here use GPO with Nuendo, or know if it will work?

Thanks,
    GPO-fan

Re: GPO and Nuendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Warbler
    Hi all!

I have listened to a lot (well most, actually of the great songs you guys have posted on this site, and also read all there is to read about the GPO, and I - am - so - convinced! Oh yeah!! (Gary, you're a genious :-)

Unfortunately it looks like my buddy through all these years (Logic 5.5 for pc, that is) isn't quite up to the task anymore. Time to move on...

Thanks,
    GPO-fan
    You should be able to run GPO in Logic 5.5 for PC.
    I'm running QLSO Gold in Kontakt, and it runs great.
    GPO is a bit lighter than Gold, so it should be fine.
    Did you already try it? Or were you told it wont work?
    What's the scoop?

BTW, i am learning Nuendo on a friend's system, and its a very
    stable program. You can run all the sample library stuff in it.
    Decent MIDI, and a good audio engine.
    Best of luck!
    TK

TK

Thumbs up Re: GPO and Nuendo?

I run GPO and Nuendo on PC. Works beautifully...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Warbler
    Nuendo 2 is, hands down, the best sequencing/audio software money can buy. I have used ALL of them, and fell in love with Nuendo 2 from the start. It works GREAT with GPO.

Used to be I'd use Sonar combined with Vegas for all my audio work. Vegas because of it's superior audio mixing abilities.

Now that I have Nuendo 2, I use it as a one-stop shop. It cannot be beat.

Question Re: GPO and Nuendo?

I'm curious as to how many screens you are running with Nuendo, rob. I have two 19-inch flat screen Sonys for Cubase SX and I'm lusting for 4 one day.

Also, is it your understanding that the design/implementation team for Nuendo was different from Cubase? And is Steinberg as cheap as with Cubase about providing manuals for a new copy? (Where they only give you this short "Getting Started" book and all the rest of the info is on PDF files.)

thanks ... KevinKauai

I can pretty much get away with 2 screens for my needs, although there are times when it gets pretty cluttered.

I don't know if the design team is different with Nuendo -- they probably overlap, since there are many similarities. Nuendo seems to be a supercharged version of Cubase, more geared toward multimedia producers.

I got a big fat manual with my copy of Nuendo, but I must admit that I've barely cracked it open. I tend to hunt and peck until I figure things out for myself or rely on the integrated help. Or go online and ask dumb questions. I hate reading manuals. And, I know, they can be a goldmine of info, but....

PDF files are great for short pieces, but for a full manual they kinda suck. I guess it saves the company money -- and ultimately us -- but I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for a printed manual, should I decide to read it....

I am also running GPO in Nuendo 2 with great results.

Being an orpaned Logic PC user is no joy and without development the program slips further and further into obsolescence. Tom Hopkins, one of the remaining Logic PC holdouts, wrote an excellent tutorial on using GPO with Logic 5.5 PC - http://www.garritan.com/support/GPO-Logic%205.pdf It works, but requires effort and dedication.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I am also running GPO in Nuendo 2 with great results.

Gary Garritan
    Glad to hear that Gary, Rob, Houston, now I'll know exactly which guys to talk to when I've got a question.

Question Re: GPO and Nuendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Being an orpaned Logic PC user is no joy and without development the program slips further and further into obsolescence.
    Exactly. Someone also said that being a Logic PC user is like sailing a sinking ship... In addition, everyone else I know is using either Nuendo or Cubase SX, so I finally made the switch to Nuendo.

I also ordered the GPO a couple of weeks ago - and had it delivered to my door in a matter of two days! Amazing

However, I do have some trouble getting everything to work properly. (I did post a thread about it this morning, but since there still is no reply I'll post it here as well. Perhaps either you, Gary, or Looper know something about it:

The thing is; it's only the 1st midi-channel that is responding. No matter which midi track I have currently selected, and no matter which midi channel I choose for the outgoing midi signal, it's still the instrument/instrument group from the 1st channel I hear.

Do you have any idea what I may have done wrong here??

Or Houston Haynes of course might know something about it as well!

Sorry about that

Go Back to forum