• Register
  • Help

Topic: Has anyone heard anything from Tascam regarding the Chicken Systems Software?

Share/Bookmark

Has anyone heard anything from Tascam regarding the Chicken Systems Software?

...that should have been included in Giga Orchestra? When I spoke to Thomas he told me that he didn't know why it hadn't been included and that he was checking on it.

Re: Has anyone heard anything from Tascam regarding the Chicken Systems Software?

Please let us know what Thomas comes back with. I was suprised and dismayed that the Translator was not included as implied by Tascam's Gigastudio 3 advertising and website.

David

Re: Has anyone heard anything from Tascam regarding the Chicken Systems Software?

Don't expect to hear anything from Tascam. Ever.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I assume this is not the same as the S Converter? There is a converter in the options panel (at least in the one I got yesterday.) First 'options' option under File.

promises and lies...what a wonderful world

I read once that the translator would be included...why didn't I believe them? And why didn't I get raging mad about it? Because I never trust people that never hold their promises... I bought the translator the other day and we all are sick of this.
    Theres one thing I don't understand though, how can the creators behind the best sampler ever be like this?? When why and how did that happen?

I wish one of us worked at tascam keaping promises. I don't know if things would be different, if everyone at tascam was a clone of David Govett... but I would think so

I just got off the phone with someone at Tascam. They referred me to Pete as he is the head manager of the Gigastudio product. I left him a message but he won't be back in the office until Monday.

I have to say, I am rather upset over this issue. The person I spoke with today says that Tascam maintains the right to remove features from its product up until the date of release. However, as everyone on this forum is probably aware, Tascam changed their website to reflect that the Chicken Systems Software was not included in Gigastudio Orchestra LONG after the product first shipped. I had it loaded on my system and was using the product before they changed their website.

I have to say, I love Gigastudio and its technology, but if their customer service is unwilling to make up for their own mistakes I simply won't support them anymore. I sincerely hope that Tascam is not willing to lose some of its most enthusiastic customers simply because they cannot own up to their own errors. The Translator product is no longer the issue. This is a matter of principle and common business etiquette.

Maybe you can get an answer from the moderator in the Translator forum.

I left another message today with Pete. No answer yet. Am I the only one that is angry about this development? I'm amazed that more people haven't complained about this omission.

Quote Originally Posted by TEMPS
    I left another message today with Pete. No answer yet. Am I the only one that is angry about this development? I'm amazed that more people haven't complained about this omission.
    It IS unfortunate, but I assume many may be like myself, and already have the full "Translator Pro" edition (the one that includes all translations of all formats).

If you really want to get the Translator GIGA edition, send an email to Garth (or a Private Message to him under the Chicken Systems forum).

Similarly I already bought translator pro. I had forgotten that GS3 was supposed to come with one (remember the old samplewrench that used to come with GS?).

Anyhow, I may need to convert some stuff back to Kontakt, so I bought a full up one.

Go Back to forum