Does anyone know if are there any good books on using gigastudio? Is there any good sources for optimization information where everything is summarized in one place?
I am running GigaStudio 2.2 with an Aardvark direct pro sound card on a 933mHz intel pc with 2 new 7200 rpm hard disks and half a Gig of RAM and I\'m still getting the occasional pop when I play, kind of distressing after spending so much money...
I foolishly did the foolish optimization, and now I\'m wondering if I should undo some of it. I do no recording... I\'m interested only in optimizing for real time live performance. Is anything in the optimization going to adversely effect what I get out of Giga?
Very little to do with win2k and XP. outside of what you read on all teh pages - reinfoce that:
- Fix your page file space to 2x the memory and i mean 2x
- Get rid of as many background tasks as you can - services and start up drivers and apps
- Run APM and NOT ACPI; disable PnPOS in your BIOS
- Use FAT32 @ 32k clusters
- IOPageLockLimit may be useles in service pack 2+
- disable any ports not needed such as your printer and comm ports
- move your sound card to a lower slot; make sure all cards have non shared IRQ; w2k gives higher IRQL to lower slots
- DMA - makes sure its enabled