• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO on 4 different computers?

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO on 4 different computers?

Hi,

I bought GPO, and I'm really satisfied with it. My questions however is, whether I can install GPO on 4 different computers. I think this means I have to authorize it 4 times and thus get 4 different keys. Is this possible?

regards,

Peter

Re: GPO on 4 different computers?

NI only allows 2 authorizations. You would need to contact Gary Garritan about getting additional authorizations.

Lightbulb Re: GPO on 4 different computers?

Personally, I'm quite HAPPY to have two authorizations (and I think the primary constraint is Native Instrument Kontakt authorizations here, but Gary can feel free to correct me). I think if you are using GPO on an additional two computers you might consider legitimately purchasing a second copy (thereby, getting the two more you need). While bargains are really nice, using GPO on four computers seems a tiny bit outside the $249 price tag (in my humble totally unofficial "marketing" opinion).

fwiw ... KevinKauai

[I am not now, nor have I ever been an employee of Garritan. ]

Peter,
    I actually run GPO on two computers. I break up the orchestra between the two machines to allow loading the entire orchestra at once and to ease the load on each machine. I had a similar question when I first got GPO so I called Gary. He got and the phone and said "are you nuts" to which I laughed hysterically. It was funny. I am a long-time Gigastudio user and that's the way we do things. GPO does allow for two authorizations. If you want to use it on 4 machines you will probalby just need to buy one more copy of GPO which should give you another two authorizations. If you plan on doing the same thing I do where you are actually splitting the orchestra up amonth these 4 machines I don't see why you would need to buy any more than one other copy. Since you wouldn't be duplicating the samples across machines it seems fair enough to me not to need a seperate authorization for each machine.

I'm curious, what kind of set-up are you looking to do?

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Personally, I'm quite HAPPY to have two authorizations (and I think the primary constraint is Native Instrument Kontakt authorizations here, but Gary can feel free to correct me). I think if you are using GPO on an additional two computers you might consider legitimately purchasing a second copy (thereby, getting the two more you need). While bargains are really nice, using GPO on four computers seems a tiny bit outside the $249 price tag (in my humble totally unofficial "marketing" opinion).

fwiw ... KevinKauai

[I am not now, nor have I ever been an employee of Garritan. ]
    Sorry if I appear rather stupid, but I wondering how the two authorisations work. Is it just a case of installing on both computers and registering twice? I have GPO on my desktop, and I am thinking of getting a notebook

Quote Originally Posted by chasman1
    Sorry if I appear rather stupid, but I wondering how the two authorisations work. Is it just a case of installing on both computers and registering twice? I have GPO on my desktop, and I am thinking of getting a notebook
    oops .............posted by mistake! I should have said.."I am thinking of getting a notebook with enough memory to run GPO so it would be great to have it on both"!

Go Back to forum