• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Update question

Share/Bookmark

GPO Update question

Hi all

I'm so excited about the upcoming update, I can hardly wait...

One question that worries me though, does anyone know?: In what form will it be? ie downloadable from Garry's site? or will it be posted in the mail? Will we have to pay for it? (not that I care...I will pay anything for it )

Thanks

LouisD

Re: GPO Update question

Hi!
    We all know patience is a vertue... And that Gary and developers will give us a final update (non beta I mean).
    I'm waiting for the update like the messia ;-) too.
    Portamento, Pitch bend, Instrument change, ...
    Until the release of the update, work well guys! ;-)
    Regards,
    Gil.

The last time I had to wait for anything this long was when my date at a drive in movie said she was going to get popcorn and never came back.
    Styxx

I can't wait for that "Big Band Brass" expansion, either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    The last time I had to wait for anything this long was when my date at a drive in movie said she was going to get popcorn and never came back.
    DANG STYXX you're killin' me uHA HA HA
    Man you post some funny stuff here.

What update? Is there any info?

There is a library update on the way that contains fixes for some bugs that have been found in the original release as well as some changes to the player itself. Due to some programming advances, there are some changes to the library as well. There are no additional samples, just new programming options that opened the library up for some neat things. I would say that we're looking at a few weeks before this library update is available. No word from Gary on the Big Band add on yet, so this is obviously still under wraps at the moment. Maybe I can put the squeeze on him.

Smile Re: GPO Update question

I had already talked to Gary on this subject and he said if you don't stop it you'll go blind! (notice no quotation)
    Anywhere, from what I have gathered at funpoint, we are in for some hot updates so hold on thar Bobaluie! I'll do the thinnin around here! Update shmupdate! Just get a crackin at that GPO trackin!
    Styxx

Cool Re: GPO Update question

Hmmm, I hope the update works better than my old chevy did

There have already been multiple updates to this library. Since there is such a variety of computers, soundcards, etc it is impossible to test every combination before releasing the library. There is a decent size beta group looking at the next update to make sure it as perfect as possible.

I've yet to find any other library that is free of bugs including many that were for GigaStudio. Library developers for Giga format don't have to worry about the Giga engine, only the library content. The customers buying the Giga libraries will usually go after Tascam if the program crashes or has weird pops and clicks while using the library. With the Kontakt player, the users are more critical of both the content and the engine.

Be patient, the next update is worth it. There's very few developers doing the amount of updates and programming additions that GPO has seen.

Go Back to forum