• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIGA crashing " GSDLL unknown system error"

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy GIGA crashing " GSDLL unknown system error"

Anyone found a solution for this? Tascam said to reload windows, ouch! ( I cant find my original windows disk). I run other audio programs on this Pc without any problems.

* Windows XP home, Pent 4, 2.0 clock, VPR matrix PC, about 3 years old

Second question - Anyone using VSL 2020 ( VSTsystems link) with giga 3.0 on a second PC and your host ( Nuendo ...etc) on the first PC........HOw does it work? ...any problems........I have a second P4 PC networked to the PC above, I tried using FXteleport and GIGA VST wrapper, but it is very inconsistant, freezes, slow, sometimes works, then acts like a background application and chokes up the system..........I am tempted to abort FX, and go with VST systems link

Thanks for your help, I really want to get back to work!!!!

John

Re: GIGA crashing " GSDLL unknown system error"

Works flawlessly here.
    as far as fx/GS3 and Nuendo.

I have seen the GSDLL error only once, right after that it crashed and rebooted itself...

douglas

Re: GIGA crashing " GSDLL unknown system error"

Quote Originally Posted by JVMC
    Second question - Anyone using VSL 2020 ( VSTsystems link) with giga 3.0 on a second PC and your host ( Nuendo ...etc) on the first PC........HOw does it work? ...any problems........I have a second P4 PC networked to the PC above, I tried using FXteleport and GIGA VST wrapper, but it is very inconsistant, freezes, slow, sometimes works, then acts like a background application and chokes up the system..........I am tempted to abort FX, and go with VST systems link
    John
    i cant say much about VST-Link but i guess thats your problem.
    i tested once the VSL2020 and gave it back at the same day i got it. This card is really terible, it has a very bad letency and makes horible noise trough the adat pipe when you turn it on.
    If you solved yout problem you might want to change it into a RME digi 98/8 at least. or a better rme hdsp cards its really a big difference.
    Digital AudionetworX

Post Re: GIGA crashing " GSDLL unknown system error"

Douglas, thank you, ok, so there is hope, could you tell me how you installed FX tele, I was not sure about MAster vs host, here is how I installed:

PC1 (Pent 4 3.0 clock)with Nuendo, installed master selection(host) for both FX tele and GIGAVST wraper

PC2 ( Pent 4 2.o clock) with GIGA 3.0, installed server selection for both FX tele and GIGA VST

Otherwise I got rid of the memory problem by unclicking one of the sound bank options that was causing a background conflict, I can now load over 40 gig files across 4 ports.....

Thank you for your time, I am working on my first short film, so very eager to get back on it ! - ; ) John

Quote Originally Posted by Post Scores
    Works flawlessly here.
    as far as fx/GS3 and Nuendo.

I have seen the GSDLL error only once, right after that it crashed and rebooted itself...

douglas

Go Back to forum