• Register
  • Help

Topic: problems loading GPO in full Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

problems loading GPO in full Kontakt

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help, again, on other subjects!
    I'm having another problem again (I guess that is what working with computers is about a lot of the time....). I tried to load GPO in my full Kontakt version, but it keeps saying: 'The content you are trying to load is not registered (please be sure to start the application that came with the content at least once)'. Well, I started the GPO Kontakt sampler, running it along my full Kontakt, but it doesn't matter. My version: V1.5.1002
    Is it worth loading GPO in the full Kontakt anyway, or might I just well stick to your GPO Kontakt version?

Any tips?

Regards,

Peter

Re: problems loading GPO in full Kontakt

Hi,

Assuming you're registered correctly, I have no idea what would be causing the problem, (although there are apparently NI reg problems with IE6.)

But you might want to get the free update from your 1.5.1002 to the latest 1.5.3 something:

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...taktupdates_us

It could, possibly, change your settings and solve the glitch.

There is a key missing in the registry. If you do a search here you'll find a thread concerning this issue. Or you can give Gary Garritan a call. He should have the fix as I sent it to him. I'm at work now and don't know the key right off the top of my head. Hopefully NI's added this fix to the next update.

Peter,

You need to have both the full version of Kontakt and the GPO Plyaer authorized. Make sure you have the latest version of Kontakt. Earlier versions did not recognize the player.

Gary Garritan

Gary,

This is the bug that both Tom and I had where there is a Content Key missing in the registry. You should have the email there somewhere. I don't have a copy of the email any longer.

First make sure that you load at least one instrument into the Player to register the content so it can be used by the full version.

If you have an older version of GPO there may be an error in the Registry. Try Jim Ortner's fix to correct the problem:

Open: Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Software
    Native Instruments
    Content
    The key that needs to be changed is found in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NativeInstruments\Conte nt

Change: 0000rbk REG_SZ Kontakt Player
    To: 0000rbk REG_SZ GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA

----------------

After this change has been made GPO should load into Kontakt 1.5.2 without problems. Proceed at your own risk and make sure to back up.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum