• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: MOL+GS3

Share/Bookmark

MOL+GS3

Hi... Installed GS3... Cant see MOL as a Midi option. Should it see it automatically or to I have to do/install/enable something?

Re: MOL+GS3

There should be detailed instructions on how to setup MOL on Musiclabs website. Follow them step by step and it should work fine. Make sure you don't have a firewall running on either machines or that you have enabled the ports or machine exceptions for the firewall to get through.

Well I have been using MOL for maybe half a year with 2.5. Its with GS3 I am having trouble.. the detailed setup your refering to is it GS3 specific?

Here it looks just like in 2.5, I can see and select the MoL ports from within Giga 3.

/Mattias

I must say I encountered a few problems using MOL and GS3, it ended up with me uninstalling all drivers, installing GS3, then my audio card driver, then my MOL drivers ...after that everything worked okay...
    Seems a painful way to go about things though.

You aren't using an echo card by any chance are you?

Nope... using Audiophile

I guess I will just have to reinstall. That is when they bother to send me my CD key - I got the bug which only allowed be to try it out a few times. The same day I installed it went from "10 days left" to "no access"...

Is there a solution to this, other than letting my career in the hands of Tascam support?

Quote Originally Posted by perceive
    I must say I encountered a few problems using MOL and GS3, it ended up with me uninstalling all drivers, installing GS3, then my audio card driver, then my MOL drivers ...after that everything worked okay...
    Seems a painful way to go about things though.
    That was the same procedure I ended up using i.e. Unintall Echo and MOL drivers, clean GS3, then reinstall GS3, Echo and finally MOL. I did upgrade to MOL CP (since MOL+ is now unsupported and they have an inexpensive upgrade path) and am running XP SP-2. When I start up my Giga machine, I believe because of SP-2, I have to open MOL, change a setting, Apply, then change it back and Apply for midi to get to GS3. It's not that big of a deal and I know MusicLabs are working on an SP-2 version. Good luck.
    Craig Duke

Interesting, I am not running SP2 yet, but, nor have I upgraded (can't justify the $129 I think it is at the moment).
    At the moment, after I have done all that, the system seems quite stable, but then I haven'treally tried to thrash it yet either. That'll be the weekends task.

I just set up MOL+ with no problems. I've got SP1. Here's what I did...

I set each PC to have a fixed IP address. MOL+ is much happier that way.

On the GS3 computer I clicked the tab for MIDI from LAN and set it up as follows:

* LAN-In-00 Enabled (checked)
    * Use device friendly name (checked: "From Sibelius 1")
    * Use filter (checked)
    * Echo to ("GigaOut Port 1 / Control")
    * Set correspondent host by IP address (selected: "192.168.0.10")

Click okay. Reboot to be safe.

On the Sibelius computer I clicked the tab for MIDI to LAN:

* LAN-Out-00 Enabled (checked)
    * Use device friendly name (checked: "To Giga 1")
    * Use filter (checked)
    * Echo to ("--- none ---")
    * Set correspondent host by IP address (selected: "192.168.0.20")

Click okay. Reboot.

To test bring up the MOL control panel on both PCs. Click the "Send test MIDI event" button on the Sibelius PC and watch the lamp light on the MIDI from LAN page on the Giga PC.

Start Giga. Click the tiny keyboard icon in the lower right corner. It's next to the green midi ports. It should start blinking.

Start Sibelius. Set a staff to point to port 1 channel 1. Load a sound in Giga on P1 Ch1. Play Sibelius. Hear music.

One odd thing. My audio output from Giga was off by a bit more than an octave. It was like Alfred and the Chipmonks. I turned off the audio engine (icon in upper right of Giga), turned it back on again and all was well. This is a nice improvement from GS2.5. In the older version if the audio sample rate ever got confused like that, I had to do a full reboot to fix it. A simple stop/start is much prefered and acceptable.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by perceive
    Interesting, I am not running SP2 yet, but, nor have I upgraded (can't justify the $129 I think it is at the moment).
    At the moment, after I have done all that, the system seems quite stable, but then I haven'treally tried to thrash it yet either. That'll be the weekends task.
    BTW, the upgrade price for MOL CP is $49 to MOL+ owners.
    Craig Duke

Go Back to forum