• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Memo Scandal Lives On

Share/Bookmark

The Memo Scandal Lives On

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Seems now that former Nixon "dirty tricks" operative and Bush supporter Roger Stone may be involved with the fake document scandal. He has apparently been accused of being the source for the documents and has refused to deny it.

More info when I get it.

Re: The Memo Scandal Lives On

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Seems now that former Nixon "dirty tricks" operative and Bush supporter Roger Stone may be involved with the fake document scandal. He has apparently been accused of being the source for the documents and has refused to deny it.

More info when I get it.
    I don't think this is likely. The documents were given to CBS via Democrat operatives. Somewhere they would have had to have changed hands between the Right and the Left...the left would have checked the documents better coming from the right and would have given up their source if so.

...Wait, they aready fingered Karl Rove.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    I don't think this is likely. The documents were given to CBS via Democrat operatives.
    Come on, now, there's no proof of that. Joe Lockhart having a phone conversation doesn't make him guilty of anything. Nice try, though.

I mean, it's not like he's written a book or appeared in ads denegrating Bush with flat-out lies while he was a member of the Kerry campaign. How many of Bush's people were connected with the swiftboat debacle? Three? Four?

When you have those kinds of numbers, get back to me.

Come on, now, there's no proof of that. Joe Lockhart having a phone conversation doesn't make him guilty of anything. Nice try, though.

I mean, it's not like he's written a book or appeared in ads denegrating Bush with flat-out lies while he was a member of the Kerry campaign. How many of Bush's people were connected with the swiftboat debacle? Three? Four?

When you have those kinds of numbers, get back to me.
    I never said Joe Lockhart was part of this...it's always interesting to watch you read into my posts. Burkett is a democratic operative....there are no doubt others, but until they are ferreted out, I'm not going to make any assumptions.

The point is that CBS got the documents from a democrat. If they are the creation of a republican (which I doubt), then somewhere along the lines someone knows where the line was crossed. The democrats would love to be able to get rid of this mess and would have given up the source already if it were in fact a republican.

That's my point.

I never said Joe Lockhart was part of this...it's always interesting to watch you read into my posts. Burkett is a democratic operative....there are no doubt others, but until they are ferreted out, I'm not going to make any assumptions.

The point is that CBS got the documents from a democrat. If they are the creation of a republican (which I doubt), then somewhere along the lines someone knows where the line was crossed. The democrats would love to be able to get rid of this mess and would have given up the source already if it were in fact a republican.

That's my point.
    Burkett is a frustrated lone democrat. Is he an operative? That's open to question. Even if he is, the word is singular, not plural. And since you used the plural, it's only natural for me to assume you're talking about Lockhart, which is whom the Republicans are trying to pin it on.

As I said, however, there is talk that Roger Stone is behind it. If he isn't, fine. But that's what's out there right now and he isn't denying it. As I said, I'll report more when I get the info.

It'll be an interesting thing to see, when and if the truth ever comes out.

Burkett is a frustrated lone democrat. Is he an operative? That's open to question. Even if he is, the word is singular, not plural. And since you used the plural, it's only natural for me to assume you're talking about Lockhart, which is whom the Republicans are trying to pin it on.
    Please try not to assume I fall lock-step into the republican talking points....I rarely do. Sure, many republicans share my opinion of Kerry, but my criticisms are my own and not from the "party line".

I said "operativeS" because Burkett has implicated a third party which is also a democrat.

Another interesting point is that some ethicists are questioning 60 minutes decision to talk to Lockhart about the memos prior to the release of the story. Would they have contacted the Bush campaign about Kerry documents? Note to Rob: This is a criticism of 60 Minutes, not Lockhart.

It'll be an interesting thing to see, when and if the truth ever comes out.
    Agreed.

More info when I get it.
    Yes, we'll all be waiting .................................................. .

Please try not to assume I fall lock-step into the republican talking points....I rarely do. Sure, many republicans share my opinion of Kerry, but my criticisms are my own and not from the "party line".
    This is good to know, because you certainly SOUND like the RNC....

This is good to know, because you certainly SOUND like the RNC....
    That's because you read into my posts too much.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I have always assumed that Karl Rove was the source of those documents. It's brilliant, if so.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast