• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: LastLibs Acoustic Drums / Demo and Order links!

Share/Bookmark

LastLibs Acoustic Drums / Demo and Order links!

LastLibs in association with Bela D Media:
    Acoustic Drum Kit

Hear the kit here: Official Demo by Alex Pfeffer from www.cellarroom.de

Thousands of carefully hand edited samples covering sticks and hot-rods, standard and special effect playing on a single custom built acoustic drum kit combine in a true 8-channel multi-track setting to offer you the most authentic acoustic drum kit.

The custom built drum kit was recorded, edited and programmed at 24-bit/48kHz in true eight-channel multi-track with bleed-thru from each mic intact, offering four individual variations for every velocity layer. The multi-channel tracking was replicated in the programming and routing thru Kontakt allowing you to mix and effect the sampled kit as if you were tracking a live studio session. As with previous and future LastLibs releases the samples are provided natural and flat, no processing, no effects, no eq has been added to provide the end user with the most natural reproduction of an acoustic instrument.

The LastLibs Acoustic Drum Kit is part 2 of 3 in the Acoustic Sessions Series for which the LastLibs Acoustic Bass was part one - and the upcoming LastLibs Acoustic Guitar will complete. The acousitc guitar library will be released in time for christmas and will be one of the most fully realized acoustic instruments available. All three parts of the Acoustic Sessions Series were recorded to match, sonically, and in their programming features - allowing you to call up an entire Unplugged Band at will.

Kontakt Version shipping this October.

Introductory Price: $199 - ORDER NOW!

Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: LastLibs Acoustic Drums / Demo and Order links!

Alan, those drums sound amazing. I'm glad I held off ordering something else. Alex has done one heck of a job showcasing this library. I am heading over to Bela D now to preorder. Thank God October is only a few weeks away.

Sounds nice! But am I crazy, or is the snare drum panned a little to the left??

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Sounds nice! But am I crazy, or is the snare drum panned a little to the left??
    There is a custom panning on this that is not in the lib - yes for this demo it is slightly left... the nice thing about the library is that we give you all eight mics reconstructed in the programming and you are free to process and pan and mix them as you see fit, just as if it were a live studio session.

20 Things

Thumbs up Re: LastLibs Acoustic Drums / Demo and Order links!

Alan,

I really like that kit. Panning in the demo is a little wide for some applications maybe, but I guess that's adjustable. Do you have any demos of other music styles? Also, does the kit include jazz brushes, (swirls for cool jazz, not just hits)???

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Adamson
    Alan,

I really like that kit. Panning in the demo is a little wide for some applications maybe, but I guess that's adjustable. Do you have any demos of other music styles? Also, does the kit include jazz brushes, (swirls for cool jazz, not just hits)???

Hans
    Thanks Hans!

The panning was custom for this demo and not in the final lib... as said that is the versitility factor, anyone can make the drums sound like what they need them to - this was also EQ'ed and compressed - other demos - including a walkthru audio tutorial on some of the more advanced techniques are coming soon...

We did record brushes using the same kit/mic set-up which will be release as a future expansion pack for a rediculously low price to owners of this lib, with all the same programming and sonic qualities.

20 Things

Great sound for demo #1. Got a demo #2 with softer sounds for jazz apps?

Jody

Hi guys and thanks so far for the nice comments. I think Alan did a cool job by creating this library, but i truly have to say that i was just to eager to program and play all these licks and took care to make it sounds real and cool, that i completely forgot that i used a kind of beta program of the library and kinda fu**ed up the panning ... so i am terribly sorry about that. ... but sometimes you don't see the forest because of all the trees (hope, you know what i mean)

the panning of course is adjustable and you can broaden or lessen your pan as you wish. a very cool option which i like is that you can play the drumset within ONE midi track but adjust the volume of the set instruments over different channels and outputs.
    usually you have to divide a drumset to different midi tracks to get a separate output of the snare, bassdrum or whatever, but on this drumlib you can adjust the different mic setting to outputs like you wanna have it plus you keep the real room of the drumset which it is recorded in.
    (you have also snare or bassdrum on the cymbal mics etc. and this is always the case when you record a real liveplayed drumset. there is never a single instrument completely isolated.)

if you want more ambience sound of the room just lower the volume of the direct mics of the individual instruments and raise the volume of the ambient room mic.

i uploaded a mix where i did some minor adjustments on the velocity and of course fixed the panning.

so sorry again, but ~~~~ happens
    here is the fixed demo
    www.cellarroom.de/work/ll/addemo.mp3

and here is a link of just the pure drums without editing, mastering, equing or whatever.
    www.cellarroom.de/work/ll/addemo_dry.mp3

i personally like that the pure drumsound is really flat, because this gives you the opportunity and option to just create the sound you want.
    there is no reverb and no processed stuff on it, just the pure drumset like it is recorded without compressing and stuff.

so you can create a cool drumset which is playing in a big rock ensemble, on a live stage, make it dark sounding and more airless or just have a rehearsal room sounding drumset, what i personally missed all the time. there are really cool drumlibraries out there but i kinda missed that.

okay, have phun

Quote Originally Posted by Waywyn
    a very cool option which i like is that you can play the drumset within ONE midi track but adjust the volume of the set instruments over different channels and outputs.
    that is amazing, it's like recording real drums than dealing with typical sampled drums. with just one midi you can still have control of 8 mics (panning, volume, fx) it sounds amazing as well as having these kinds of options. AWESOME!!!!

Thumbs up Re: LastLibs Acoustic Drums / Demo and Order links!

Alan, the drums sound amazing I can’t wait! (and I almost got my triggers fixed after a trip to Radio Shack..lol )

Waywyn: That demo is smoking man! I’ve listened to it about 5 times now. Awesome dude!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum