• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dude, where's my topic?

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Dude, where's my topic?

I just finished posting a reply to Bruce Richardson on my topic about Is Anybody Else Unhappy with the new Sample players. It seemed to be a pretty lively discussion, a bit ascerbic at times, but overall, I thought it was a godd, honest dialog, with good points being made on both sides.

Suddenly the topic disappeard, while I was posting to it! Gone. No sign of ever having existed.

What's up, Papa, has Rupert Murdoch bought Northern Sounds too?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: Dude, where's my topic?

sit tight it will be back with a few less people probably .

I consider it very nasty to wipe out my reply, I spent twenty minutes making a reasoned, thoughtful reply to Bruce R's last post. It will never come out the same way again, like the jazz artist who just played the solo of his life, only to find the engineer had forgotten to hit 'record.'

If you're going to censor the threads, please find a less intrusive way to do so. This is extremely impolite at best. I hate to waste my time, but even more I hate having someone else waste it for me.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

what reply? if you posted before it was removed then its still there if you did after it was removed then it was never posted.. Read our forum rules if you have no idea why it was remove. if you want any further conversation on this contact me privately as others were smart enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by masimon
    sit tight it will be back with a few less people probably .
    Uhh Ohhh -- sounds like some one got in trouble :-(

Unhappy Re: Dude, where's my topic?

I do not understand why Dasher gets such a quick and dirty anwer.

Although we all should know and accept that we are quests at this privately hosted forum, and be grateful for this great site, I'd like to vent that I have also had some disappointing experiences with PM's from the moderator(s) that were more unfriendly than any of my posts or personal PM's to the moderators before.

"Read our forum rules if you have no idea why it was remove. if you want any further conversation on this contact me privately as others were smart enough to do."

Excuse me, but I find this a blunt and insinuating remark.

I will now probably receive a PM in this style again.

With serious regards to all,

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I got out of line, clearly. Sometimes I let elements of conversations get the better of me. I apologize to those of you who were offended by anything I said. My hope is to illuminate discussions. It runs retrograde to that goal when I allow myself to wander from the strictly factual aspects, and into the personal...and ultimately, it robs my input of its effectiveness.

And so, unfortunately, other people's input suffered from my behavior. I am sorry for that. I hope you will all forgive me for it.

Best regards,
    Bruce

I haven't been spending as much time at NS the last few weeks after hearing about all these people getting banned. Critics should be the sample library developers' best indication of the quality of their products, not some thorn in the eye. I seriously don't know what they did to deserve that, and I'm not going to say anything that will get me banned as well.

It ruins the fun of being here. Heated discussion and people getting riled is all part of the fun of such forums - That's why I really like KvR.

Lightbulb Re: Dude, where's my topic?

You still don't get it.

Very simple your not forced to stay or come for any reason. If you feel i'm being very abrasive it can't be helped English language can be read many different ways and depending on how your perception is of me or you particular emotion at the given time you read a post, the message can be viewed many different ways.

So let me state it this clearly with no emotion intended to hurt anyones feelings etc. I'm just stating a simple fact. If you don't spend time here or don't like it here, don't like me then don't post.

thank you

Go Back to forum