• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vsl demo or not ?

Share/Bookmark

Question Vsl demo or not ?

When I listen to demos this one drop my jaw,

http://vsl.co.at/english/demos/Class...st_Edition.htm

but the guy say :

"Piccolo, English horn, bass clarinet and celeste are not programmed with Vienna Symphonic Library-instruments (not yet!)."

Is that a Vsl demo or not ?

SergeD

Re: Vsl demo or not ?

Hi Serge,

Yes, it is a VSL demo. However, it was created with the First Edition of the library which did not include those articulations. Articulations for those instruments come in the Pro Edition.

HTH,
    FV

Thanks FV,

amazing, so with Opus1 I would get this crispy sound but lacking some articulations, legato and repetition tools ? Don't you know what reverb has been used ?

SergeD

Hi Serge,

I'm not sure if you're interpreting First Edition to mean Opus 1. They are 2 different products. Opus 1 contains some legato and repetition tools but the instruments are not chromatically sampled (ie note sampled every note but at certain intervals). You're best to look at all of the articulations included in Opus 1 and compare them to the articulations that you find in the First Edition and Pro Editions to see if Opus 1 will have all that you need. If I'm not mistaken, there is an upgrade path but I'm not entirely sure. Check out the VSL website.

HTH,
    FV

Quote Originally Posted by FV
    Hi Serge,

I'm not sure if you're interpreting First Edition to mean Opus 1. They are 2 different products. Opus 1 contains some legato and repetition tools but the instruments are not chromatically sampled (ie note sampled every note but at certain intervals). You're best to look at all of the articulations included in Opus 1 and compare them to the articulations that you find in the First Edition and Pro Editions to see if Opus 1 will have all that you need. If I'm not mistaken, there is an upgrade path but I'm not entirely sure. Check out the VSL website.

HTH,
    FV
    I would be interested in hearing some more OPUS 1 demos. If someone can show me where they are, this would be much appreciated. (besides the two demos that they have online....) thanks

In the user demo section at VSL check out the Opus 1 work of Antongiulio Frulio and Mathis B. Nitschke. Also, in the Orchestration section of VSL's forum have a listen to JBacals terrific Opus 1 work.

Thanks FV,

I meant Opus 1.

Nice to hear that other Opus 1 demos exist.

SergeD

Go Back to forum