• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why won't Logic work with Giga?

Share/Bookmark

Why won\'t Logic work with Giga?

I try and try, but It won\'t.
    Let me explain....
    I just try to launch sequencer (Logic5 or 4.8, it\'s the same) in Gigastudio 96 as they
    advice and little midi keys are blinking red and I click there as advised. I\'m trying to play
    Giga thru Logic, but no way, no midi input in Logic, Giga persistently plays its own midi,
    but sound is snapping and crackling little bit. It seems Giga won\'t play thru Logic, but
    I am sure it has worked well earlier (yes, I remember all messing with Hubi\'s Loopback
    drivers to make it work). What do I have to do to make it work???

For test, I checked how it works with my old Cakewalk ProAudio 9. I first launched Cake
    and then later Gigastudio, and it worked well, no snapping, I chose several giga
    channels and other midi too, no problems...

Except One... why Giga is swapping channels as how he wants?
    I have drumkit in channel 10 and I\'m putting other kit to channel 11, and
    suddenly Nylon Vibrato guitar is on channels 10 and 11? It should be onlu in channel
    3?
    Is it something possibly with program change? But it\'s same with Logic, no tick in
    program field in instrument parameters, It shound not change program...

Is it really truth that Gigastudio works best with Cakewalk ProAudio or Sonar?
    How is Cubase 5.1 or SX?

For Information, I have PIII 700 Mhz ,256Mb RAM, 17 GB Seagate Medalist
    for programs and other files, 20 Gb 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda for only Gigas,
    Delta Dio 2496 for gigastudio and Sw1000XG for seqiuencer plus SBLive for Midi out.
    And Windows 98SE.

Re: Why won\'t Logic work with Giga?

Which version of Logic 5 do you use?

I had some problems too with logic 5 too. Since I upgraded it to 5.1.2 and tweeked all computer settings for optimal audio, everything works 100%.
    ------------------------------------------------
    P4 2.2GHz 512MB ram, Layla 24, Motu MTP AV midi interface into parallel printer port, 2 monitors.
    Windows XP home edition, Logic 5.2.1 Platinum with USB key switch, Gigastudio 160.

Yes I\'m wondering what\'s the problem with Logic+Giga,
    not much friends together nowdays. Not in my PC!

I have made hard experimenting with different seqs and how
    Giga works with them. Now the test results.....

Cakewalk Pro Audio 9,03 and Sonar works well. I can launch these
    Cakewalks from Giga seq button as they advise. It works as it should
    be, no crackling and snapping.

I have tested several MAudio Delta Drivers, because I assumed that little
    crackling with Logic is result of bad drivers;
    I had version 4,1.22.39, seemed to work well at first, I tried 4.1.22.41 but it
    sounded very bad, distorting sound,WARNING for other users, don\'t use it in WIN 98SE!!
    Yesterday I checked the newest 4.13.01.42, works no snaps and crackles... But
    Funnily after installing the drivers I launch Giga... Surprise!!!... no sound
    in Giga at all, midis blinking but nothin else even I checked all possibilities.

So, It looked like when launching sequencer after Giga works not at all.
    Let\'s just check other way round; First Logic then Giga. After I have clicked midi keys
    which blinking red, Nemesys Port1 , Channel 1 ... feelin anxious...
    Huh! It works at last . It shouldn.t but It works? No crackles, only good sound!!!
    Now Giga is not reserving Midi for herself, I think.
    Conclusion 1 ... Thru Launch button Gst96 is not releasing midi for Logic, even It should do.
    there\'s no midi in/out reaction in Logic\'s midi meters!

Conclusion 2....Delta drv 4.13.01.42 sounds Ok and If you launch Logic first then
    Giga all is well! Am I satisfied? No...

What else I am going to test?

I downloaded Logic 5.13 but not yet have tested it!

What about WDM drivers for Delta, should work with WIN 98SE too!
    Hmmm... maybe I check this later.

SONAR looked very attractive when It arrived last spring, but I never got it work without
    Audio Dropouts, when I tried low enough latencies for soft Synths... Maybe
    It\'s possible only with WIN XP/WIN 2000???

YES! I know It\'s big time for System update... 700Mhz not
    much today.

Athlon XP 1800 an 512 DDR-RAM at least, Windows XP, new mobo (not VIA Kt133A,
    AMD 761 or Sis 735).

Originally posted by marco b:
    I try and try, but It won\'t.
    Let me explain....
    I just try to launch sequencer (Logic5 or 4.8, it\'s the same) in Gigastudio 96 as they
    advice and little midi keys are blinking red and I click there as advised. I\'m trying to play
    Giga thru Logic, but no way, no midi input in Logic, Giga persistently plays its own midi,
    but sound is snapping and crackling little bit. It seems Giga won\'t play thru Logic, but
    I am sure it has worked well earlier (yes, I remember all messing with Hubi\'s Loopback
    drivers to make it work). What do I have to do to make it work???

For test, I checked how it works with my old Cakewalk ProAudio 9. I first launched Cake
    and then later Gigastudio, and it worked well, no snapping, I chose several giga
    channels and other midi too, no problems...

Except One... why Giga is swapping channels as how he wants?
    I have drumkit in channel 10 and I\'m putting other kit to channel 11, and
    suddenly Nylon Vibrato guitar is on channels 10 and 11? It should be onlu in channel
    3?
    Is it something possibly with program change? But it\'s same with Logic, no tick in
    program field in instrument parameters, It shound not change program...

Is it really truth that Gigastudio works best with Cakewalk ProAudio or Sonar?
    How is Cubase 5.1 or SX?

For Information, I have PIII 700 Mhz ,256Mb RAM, 17 GB Seagate Medalist
    for programs and other files, 20 Gb 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda for only Gigas,
    Delta Dio 2496 for gigastudio and Sw1000XG for seqiuencer plus SBLive for Midi out.
    And Windows 98SE.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think your problem is not LA. i have used with Gigastudio since LA 3.5 and my first trouble was because i had less than 256 RAM. I was using Giga And Logic in the same Pc without many troubles, except when using a lot of polyphony in giga (100+) with ny PIII 733mhz. but i was using 512ram.
    now I\'m using a Pc for giga but one moth ao I was using a delta 44 with 2 outs for Giga and 2 outs for logic. I found a better performance with logic 5. My delta drivers are 4.13.01.
    I never used hubis loopback to use both programs...
    best luck..
    Pp [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum