• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to make my own Kontakt sounds?

Share/Bookmark

How to make my own Kontakt sounds?

Hi,

If I want to create my own Kontakt instruments, how can I do ? Is there an editor out there ? Is it possible to create sounds to play with a Kontakt Player ?

Thanks !
    News & Music here.

Re: How to make my own Kontakt sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Mojo
    Hi,

If I want to create my own Kontakt instruments, how can I do ? Is there an editor out there ? Is it possible to create sounds to play with a Kontakt Player ?

Thanks !
    Well first you'd need some audio samples of the instrument you'd like to create in Kontakt. The editor in Kontakt is included in the basic interface. The simplest way to start is to load an empty instrument in Kontakt, open the mapping editor by clicking on the button with the same name, and once the keyboard pops up its as simple as finding your audio files in the browser to the left and dragging them into the mapping editor. Of course that's a brief rundown, there's actually more to making an instrument but that's how you start. If you want to program the files, there are a multitude of options on how to do that. Also, the players are locked so I don't think there's a way to make instruments for the players at this time.

Thank you very much for your quick answer !

I don't own Kontakt yet so I can't try but it sounds good and simple.
    I own GPO though, so you mean that companies making Kontakt Player based instruments have to contact NI and deal directly with them to get kind of an SDK ?

I have tons of home made samples ready, and I'm willing to make weird musical sounds with them, and share them. So I'm looking for the best option

Thanks again !
    News & Music here.

Well, I'll put it like this...

I programmed an instrument from a few wav files in about 15 minutes from start to finish. It wasn't as elegently done as Tom's programming with GPO, but the fundamentals where there. Creating keyswitches, many different alternating hits, loop points, samples that only played when controllers were active, etc. can be accomplished fairly easily provided you have the samples or can edit the ones you have. The envelopes you can add are great as well as are any effects you'd like applied to the resulting instruments. It just seems more intuative than the giga editor to me.

Yeah, the GigaEditor was written by crazy martians indeed @_@ It's as ergonomic as my b*tt

Thank you very much for the info. I'll try to make something with Kontakt then

Cheers!
    Nino
    News & Music here.

Go Back to forum