• Register
  • Help

Topic: mod wheel and fancy keyswitches

Share/Bookmark

mod wheel and fancy keyswitches

I used to load QLB piccolo trumpet and use the mod wheel to switch between the staccato and legato samples while the piece played..annoying at best. BUT NO MORE.

I now go to my sequncer\'s piano role and draw in the mod. control data which automatically switches between the two articulations.

sooooo, I think...how can I do this with keyswitching. \"OH!\", I think. \"I can go to the notation window of my sequencer (CWPA 9) and just write in the keyswitching note just a few ticks before the real, sounding note comes in. That should trigger the keyswitch with its articulation,\" I think. \"Then I don\'t have to sit and hit the keyboard controller to activate the keyswitch.\" I smile a clever smile to myself. \"Genius, you are, Marty,\" I say aloud.

BUT...it doesn\'t seemt to work. Is this scenario possible but I\'m missing soemthing? How do you experienced cats get this keyswitching to change in your melodic lines without sitting there whacking the keys at just the right time while your piece is playing? There must be some way to set this up in the sequencer with midi control messages.

Re: mod wheel and fancy keyswitches

It should work as I do all the time with the keyswitched instruments. Just make sure the notes you draw in are the correct octave. Also, beware of transposing parts as this changes the notes you draw in.

I can\'t resist the easy way to do what I think you\'re looking to do.............just open a new sequencer track and on the same midi channel as your original instrument, just \"play\" in (record) your keyswitch or mod info. Leave it alone, or merge this info with the track containing the \"music\".
    Excuse my suggesting the obvious, but...just trying to help!
    bwm

Cool, guys. Thanks. I just wanted confirmation that it does work.

I will try it soon.

Well, it does work!! I kept shifting octaves until it did.

The Xsample bassoon says that the keyswitching is at C1-A1. But in fact you have to write in C2-A2 in the staves to get the keyswitching to work.

So, thanks. Transposed until it worked.

Sounds great that it works now. I ran into the same issue with the Xsample woodwinds.

Go Back to forum