• Register
  • Help

Topic: LCD Screens

LCD Screens

sponsored links

Hey everyone...
    I need 19" lcd screens, 2 of them. I want 3 but that depends on the prizes. But I was wondering where are they cheapest? where did you buy them? what do you have?
    How about ebay? some costs 50$ (well the lowest bid is on that I guess)

Any thoughts, hints or tips on this?

Kind Regards
    Audun Jemtland

Re: LCD Screens

The thing to watch out for when buying monitors on ebay is dead pixels.

I'm very happy with the two AG Neovo X-174s I have, but those are 17" and not 19". If I didn't have them, I'd probably go with 20" Apple Cinema displays.

I know the 20" shows more pixels than 17s (which show 1280 x 1024), but I'm not sure that 19s do - i.e. the 19s may just give you a larger picture. That's useful if your eyesight requires it, but it won't be as sharp.

There was a topic on LCD monitors on a consumers tv-programme here. They said all but one manufacturer (Philips) guarantee to deliver dead-pixel-free screens. Some manufacturers only take the screens back if there are multiple dead pixels. I'd recommend you to ask to test them in the store before buying them.

Fry's has had some good sale prices on Sharp LCD monitors recently. Unlike lots of brands, Sharp makes their own LCD panels.

Full disclosure: I work for a subsidiary of Sharp.

Edit: Here's are the 19" monitors on the Outpost (Fry's) website: http://shop1.outpost.com/category/Ou...anel+Monitors/

Go Back to forum