• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Downloadable bowed vibraphone sample(s)

Share/Bookmark

Question Downloadable bowed vibraphone sample(s)

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I bounce around the Cakewalk forums and KVR, from which someone referred me to this one...

I'm looking for a bowed vibraphone sample or multisample that's available for download, for personal use. Ideally cd quality wav but I'd really appreciate any leads regardless of quality.

I've seen several sample cd options from $45 and up but at this point it would be like buying a cow just to get a glass of milk

Anyone have a link they can share?

Re: Downloadable bowed vibraphone sample(s)

Sorry bub, you're looking for something that's pretty specific and sounds good.....those words generally don't go together with free.

$45 sounds like a mild investment considering I spend more than that on a movie date with my wife!

Your best bet is to use Google and do a search for what you're looking for.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I've done a yahoo search, I'll try Google, but it's likely to come up with either nothing at all or a million links containing both words but not together :-)

Love the net, don't get me wrong, but needle in a haystack? Try needle in a 'farming state' ;-)

And while I don't think $45 is a lot to pay for a disc of samples I need, I *do* think $45 is a lot to pay for a couple samples that I need, and a-rest-of-the-disc I don't.

I guess what I'm looking for is a hollowsun type thing. You know, some percussion enthusiast or something with samples posted.

Well, google found me a couple 22khz 16 bit mono samples from some teacher's site, but of course they're not royalty-free.

I'll keep waiting to see if anyone knows of any... I would seriously be happy with one good sample I could map across the vibes' entire range. I really just want that tone, you know?

Can't you use a soft synth to approximate the sound? It seems like there are a lot of free soft synths that might be able to get you a roundabout version of what you're looking for with some tweaking and eqing?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I got it on an Xsample CD! But that's not for free, of course.

Listen to Xsample Vibes

------------
    Alex Cremers

It is here, in wav format, together with other interesting vibraphone stuff:

http://www.malletjazz.com/lessons/ext_tech.html

Alberto

Pitch Bending with a vibraphone ?

God, it’s the first time a see that ! (Despite I was a classical percutionist...)

Very good link Alberto. Thanks.

I wonder if it’s possible with a marimba.

Probably in low range.

Quote Originally Posted by agincourtdb
    I'll try Google, but it's likely to come up with either nothing at all or a million links containing both words but not together :-)
    Just for future reference, if you want to find a specific phrase put them in quotes; "bowed vibraphone"

Just a little Googling tip.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Just for future reference, if you want to find a specific phrase put them in quotes; "bowed vibraphone"

Just a little Googling tip.

And to work even faster, only the first quote is necessary, like this "bowed vibraphone

Go Back to forum