• Register
  • Help

Topic: sound comes and goes

Share/Bookmark

sound comes and goes

i was listening to the playback of Overture, and trying to record it with gpo studio, when i heard a glitch. so i shut down Cakewalk which i am using to see how my new piece fits with the video. but then as cakewalk was shutting down, i went back to Overture, the sound of the instruments was gone.
    this happens quite frequently. I will hear the playback, then leaving the program on, i will come back to it, and there is no sound. could it be the screen saver shutting it down or perhaps my toshiba laptop going into some hibernating mode?
    I tried rebooting the laptop and restarted gpo studio, then overture, and still no sound
    Help
    thanks
    jgyoungmd

Re: sound comes and goes

in addition, i got the sound going again with a new piece i am working on, when i deleated a measure, and when i tried to replay the piece, the sound was gone??
    jgyoungmd
    jgyoungmd

Some laptops can turn off your sound, video, or internet, cards to save power. I would investigate that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgyoungmd
    in addition, i got the sound going again with a new piece i am working on, when i deleated a measure, and when i tried to replay the piece, the sound was gone??
    jgyoungmd

further update. I go to another piece, load the instruments, then overture and the sound returns?? suggestions?
    jgyoungmd

further update. I go to another piece, load the instruments, then overture and the sound returns?? suggestions?
    further observation. I got an error message on window "Instruction at "ox73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x0000004" the memory could not be read." This is the first time i have had the error message when i have been having sound drop out
    jgyoungmd

further observation. I got an error message on window "Instruction at "ox73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x0000004" the memory could not be read." This is the first time i have had the error message when i have been having sound drop out
    more observations. i finally get the program to work, when it stops playing sounds halfway through a recording. also i notice clicks and other audio interference. I have the buffer at 512, the highest i can get and turned the quality/cpu dieal down to 2% on Ambience. i turned off all the other programs. i am not sure where to go from here.
    jgyoungmd

Go Back to forum