• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Thundering cinema sound

Thundering cinema sound

Hey all...

In the Man On Fire Score,
    what bass sound is used in this score? If you know please share.

It's the sub bass I am wondering about.

listen to: pita's sorrow and Creasy's room.....in creasy's room the bass only hits once at around 00:17.

A sound that is often heard in theaters making a soothing and smooth feeling.

I don't know if this is a common thing for people from media ventures... Trevor Rabin and Harry Gregson are the ones using it the most.

Re: Thundering cinema sound

Sounds like a simple bass pad to me.

A (softsynth?) moog, at very low pitch I would say. Although I don't have a subwoofer here at home, and the frequency response of my speakers isn't great at 40-50 hz...

On keyboard the bass and the octave below... hmm..its a lowfi sound.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Just some bass sound, EQ'ed up to have mostly fundamental and very little overtones. Could be a regular short-bow sound, could be a synth...not much mystery to it.

Put enough Maxx-Bass or R-Bass on, and you get this sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Just some bass sound, EQ'ed up to have mostly fundamental and very little overtones.
    Which means a synth using a sinewave type bass patch would do it. Just find the note in a low octave and go to town!

If I may believe my cheap computer speakers, then this is nothing more than double bass pizzicatos.

Umpff, sorry my English! I wrote: "The bass and the octave below" -I mean octave "beneath it" "under it" or so...

I agree with Alex, the quality isnt the best as its streaming, but it sounded like a muffled bass pizz to me.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

Hey, some of those tracks are real plot spoilers; "She's dead" and "You're her Father" kind of give it away.

I havent seen the film yet.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

Go Back to forum