• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Appalling Non compliance of our rules

Share/Bookmark

The Appalling Ignorance of Middle America

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well ... some of you may know, i've been volunteering for the Kerry/Edwards campaign. This weekend i spent 10 hour phoning registered voters who claim to have no party affliliation (a job no one wants to do, its pretty bruttle). We call this 'persuasion calls'. My job is to inform those who may still be on the fence. Needless to say, out of probably 50-60 calls i made i was able to persuade 7 people to vote for John Kerry (quite an accomplishment when you hear "Thank you Scott, you made alot of sense, and gave me the information i needed, that i cant get from the media") Of course, a handful of right-wing lunatics were on the list - i didnt waste my time on them. Anyhow .... here are a few observations::

- Mybe half of Bush supporters claimed the most important issue to them in this election is "Pro-Life" -- hmmmm, pro-life for unborn children in the womb -- but pro-death, to children of Iraq and Afghanistan. How sad ... when asked if they are following other issues, all said "NO" Bush being a christian is why he is getting my vote. .... Next .....

- One caller (who was obviously a ~~~~~~~~ paranoid psychopath) claimed there is a Liberal conspiracy to take ALL guns from americans if Kerry were elected. And Bush will get his vote because Bush is a gun owner ....

- A few other logical fallacies "Bush started this war, he has to finish it." "Bush is more of an average guy that i can relate to." (I call that the "i-wish-Bush-was-my-drinkin-buddy fallacy"

- Almost all said they are literally confused, because of the NOISE created by cable media - and really have no idea where each canidate stands on major issues like "Taxes, education, health care, the environment".

- Those leaning for Kerry but still unsure, wish he would raise his voice and get pissed off.

- Obviously the Bush/Cheney fear tactics are working "20-30 something" women would say things like : "We need Bush to protect us and our children from another 9/11."

----- Well, i'll be doing this 20-30 hours a week till the election, i'll report back. Chances are, there are still a few open minds left, enough to hopefully tip the scales. I urge other Democrats to PLEASE call your local Democaratic headquarters, ask what you can do to help. SURE, we all have busy lives - but how important is this election to you ?? Like i said, make your one vote count as 20 !!!

-Scott

Re: The Appalling Ignorance of Middle America

Hey SWL,

I sure admire you for what you are doing. I can appreciate how frusterating it can be. Dont lose faith. I'm amazed that you could convince even 7 people.

Jim

Question Re: The Appalling Ignorance of Middle America

Imagine the US targeting women and children specifically...all along I thought it was Osama, Al-Qada, Sadam, Checheyn Muslims, Abu-Syeff, that shot-gassed-bombed (take your pick) women & children DIRECTLY AS A MATTER OF COMBAT PROCEDURE...

Aahhh so they're desperate - then it's cool. ok...my bad....

What part of the U.S. is suicide body bombing training camp held in?

Therefore two wrongs make a right?

I can't believe that anyone would think that Bush would relate to the average person. You have to be nuts to think that the average guy has anything in common with Bush's lifestyle. It is quite possible that he has never set foot in a 7-11, he has never used or touched cash, he has probably never gone grocery shopping and I bet hasn't the faintest idea of what his power bill or telephone bills even look like.

I have hung around enough filthy rich people to know that they are from another planet as far as the average guy is converned. I'll never forget the time I took a filthy rich client for a quick mid-session lunch at Quizno's where she provided to throw away the whole tray in the garbage bin because she simply didn't know what she was supposed to do, she had never set foot in her whole life in a fast food restaurant!

Of course compared to Bush, she was filthy poor!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rivard
    This is the Race that wants to rule the World...
    Not want to. Are. And I'm not optimistic that anyone or anything is going to be able to stop them any time soon.

Scott, I commend your activism, and I do believe that this may be the most important election in the history of the country, but I confess I've grown cynical, and have done very little except watch events unfold from the peanut gallery.

America is in a profound state of spiritual sickness, and there is no collective will to face it. Why blame the noise of the cable media? Fox news only exists because people demand an escape from the truth. We live in an information age. Anyone who really wants to know what's going on terms of our government's foreign and domestic policies can find out. But it's easier to watch Fox and listen to Right-Wing fantasy talk radio.

Yes, it is appalling, but it's not ignorance. It's denial, apathy, and a sell-out of the soul.

PS: And I forgot to mention good old fashioned American greed.

Hey SWL -

Even though I am a republican, I admire you as well for doing this. It's a suck job, I am sure, no matter what party you are for. And congrats for being able to 'connect' with those 7 people. It's a job that definitely separates the doers from the talkers

Eric
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    Hey SWL -

Even though I am a republican, I admire you as well for doing this. It's a suck job, I am sure, no matter what party you are for. And congrats for being able to 'connect' with those 7 people. It's a job that definitely separates the doers from the talkers

Eric
    Thanks Runamuck !! Keep'in my head high!!

Thank you Eric, i respect your objectivity. And i try to be respectful to the republicans that i phone. Some are polite, others of course have been down right rude and nasty - like i'm trying to sell them a vacuum cleaner

Re: The Appalling Non compliance of our rules

Ok guys please read our rules carefully
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15789

Please respect others on this site no swearing or name calling of others this could get you banned.

Although this is an off topic area. It seems that some of you are going overboad with it. If you cannot abide by our rules. we may decide to remove this section. . please everyone Use this forum for what it is intended for... MUSIC.
    I really have to think about viability of this section. Especially when there are certian people who only post in this section and only post political threads This is not a politicial blog site if your intended purpose is to come here to specifically talk about politics. Please go else where, there are many other sites where you can debate name call etc.

remember to read our rules carefully.
    yes this is an off topic section but you still have to abide by the rules.
    If we continue to see the name calling etc we will execute our ban option.

thank you for coming to northern sounds

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast