• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solo Bass voice sample(s) anywhere ?

Share/Bookmark

Solo Bass voice sample(s) anywhere ?

Hi people

I saw the "bowed vibraphone" thread so I thought you may be a great help.

I really nead some solo "Basso profundo" samples for a piece that I wrote. I`m pretty sure there are no commercial libraries that has one (symphony of voices only has a Tenor male voice), and I believe that the upcoming "Phantom voices" is the more common Tenor or Tenor-bariton.

Do you know a place with some free soundfont (or other format) or some single-samples that can be joined together ? I googled myself to death and could`nt find anything.

(by "Basso profundo" I just meant I need a real Bass. It does`nt have to be the lowest human voice ever.)

Re: Solo Bass voice sample(s) anywhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by mogly
    and I believe that the upcoming "Phantom voices" is the more common Tenor or Tenor-bariton.
    Bass/Baritone
    Tenor
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Thanks, can you tell the range of the bass/bariton ?

Phantom Voice Vocal Ranges

That sounds great ! Does your Bass/Bariton singer actually sing C2 (no region stretch) ? He should be a terrific singer !!

Can you elaborate more on this library : layers, articulations, approximate release time prediction etc. ?

Anyway, if anyone know some free / amateur samples that would get me through in the meantime, please speak out

Nothing is stretched. C2 is somewhat typical for a bass. Nailing E2 is a major requirement for a bassist to work within a pro choir.

I would love to go below that but, I guess I would have to fly to Russia

NOTE: Using GIGAPIANO as the "MIDI Note" guide. E1 is the lowest E on an 88. This is not the low E of my Bassist.

I don't believe that note can be sung by any human... again, maybe in Russia

David Carr is a bassist but for this project he is being tagged a bass/baritone.
    To be correct he sings Basso Profundo.

EDIT.

Go Back to forum