• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Shameless plug

OT: Shameless plug

I just want to announce that I recently had my first scoring session for a short film called Dead Line. It was awesome! The film has been accepted into Screamfest LA (http://www.screamfestla.com) and will premiere at Universal Citywalk, (Universal City, CA) on Saturday, October 16th at 2:30 PM as part of the shorts presentation event. Anyone local should stop by; it’s going to be great party, and it would be great to meet fellow NS members! For those on the east coast, the director just found out a few days ago that it was also accepted into the New York City Horror Film Fest (http://www.nychorrorfest.com)! I’m not sure of the schedule for that as of yet. More details to follow.

I posted mp3's of the whole score (about 7 minutes) on my site: www.houseofblackbirds.com

Thanks for listening!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: OT: Shameless plug

That's cool! Congrats.

Re: OT: Shameless plug

Very cool, Joseph. I'm in the Orlando area and will try to make it.

Oops. Just checked my calendar and found that I'm going to be in California that day. Good luck!

-- Martin

Orcas Island

Thumbs up Re: OT: Shameless plug

That is fantastic news Joseph! Congratulations!

I urge forum members to stop by if they are in LA and can come at that time. Please let us know when it will be featured in New York (if I'm in NY then perhaps I can attend).

Best wishes for your continued success Joseph. I remember Bill Brown first mentioning you and since then you have come a long way. One of these days maybe we'll say: Joseph Carrillo - I knew him on the GPO forum before he was famous!"

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Re: OT: Shameless plug

Thanks everyone for the comments! The session was such a rush! Probably one of the most exciting things I've ever done. The screening schedules have been updated and tickets are now available online:

Saturday, October 16, 2:30PM (Los Angeles) Universal Citywalk

Thursday, October 21, 8:00PM (New York City) Tribeca Film Center

Stop on by if you're available! I'd love to hear what you guys think, and meet any fellow GPO or NS members. Sadly I won't be able to make it to the New York screening, because it's either that or pay rent, but if you're able to make it, have a great time!

Go Back to forum