• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 and MIDIoverLAN CP

Share/Bookmark

GS3 and MIDIoverLAN CP

I have MOL+. It worked fine with GS2.5, but is broken with GS3. I can't get it to work with more than one port - and the MOL control panel needs to be open to that port for it to work.

How's MOL CP? Anybody get it to work with GS3? With multiple ports? I notice that the MOL CP demo only implements one port, so I can't do a full test with it.

I want to upgrade, but only if it's known to work fully with GS3.

Thanks!

-JF

Re: GS3 and MIDIoverLAN CP

Hi Jon,

I never had that problem with MOL, I could use more than one port, but, I have just got MOL CP and will install it in a few hours. I am a little worried about what this may do from a registration point of view, but I'll let you know how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    How's MOL CP? Anybody get it to work with GS3? With multiple ports? I notice that the MOL CP demo only implements one port, so I can't do a full test with it.
    -JF
    it works fine here. i had not problem at all.

BUT since i mostly install system and dont do any music right now i am not using it in real live sittuations.
    i am using it to test gigastudios which means that i try to playback as much as i can.
    till now it seems (i am not very sure) that its loosing voices while playing back 400 voices or abouve.

can anyone confirm this? i dont have much time for testing this at the moment.

thanx
    Digital AudionetworX

Jon,

Multi-port MOL CP works fine for me with GS3 running XP/SP2, except that I must deselect then reselect anything on the MOL CP interface after an XP startup to get midi flowing (like slapping the side of an old TV). I assume this is an XP SP2 issue as MusicLabs claims it doesn't work with SP2 (but will soon). Other than that, it's transparent.

Check out this link: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24964 There is an install procedure in it.
    Craig Duke

I found my MOL+ problem!

Previously I used MOL+ to get MIDI into the PC and then used MusicLabs MIDI Connection Center to patch MOL+ to GS. When I installed everything on my GS3 machine (fresh OS install), I saw the MOL+ "echo" feature and tried to use that.

That was the problem: the echo feature. Apparently, it only works when that port is in the open window - or - after an application has pinged MOL's MIDI ports on the receiving box.

I've gone back to the MIDI Connection Center, but it only handles four ports. I'll install Plogue's Bidule tonight and that should do the trick...

-JF

Go Back to forum