• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Kontakt create legato like Trilogy??

Share/Bookmark

Can Kontakt create legato like Trilogy??

Hi people, my first post here! Its a cool place, very informative and relaxed. I have been a \'lurker\' for about three years!!!!

Does anyone know if its possible to create the legato effect that makes trilogy so wonderful in Kontakt?

I have my own synth bass sample patch and it sounds nice - it would really fly with this performance feature, otherwise its back to laboriously programming small pitch bends and never getting close!

I did the programming in HALion but the final format will be kontakt....

any ideas?? If its not possible, does anyone know how Trilogy accomplishes such a feat!!!

Thanks a lot folks
    Cheers Tom

Re: Can Kontakt create legato like Trilogy??

not there yet in Kontakt...

Thanks David, maybe in the future..........

Garritan Personal Orchestra has both a built in legato mode and auto-alternator for short bows - and it is built on Kontakt.

Maybe it\'s a 1.5 feature, but it\'s definitely there...

We demoed this feature at NAMM in the Garritan booth, so yeah, its in there.

Houston Haynes, email me. Couldn\'t find your email. Didn\'t know you were a Heinlein fan. Did you ever think StarGate GS1 == Tunnel in the Sky?

Originally posted by Houston Haynes:
    Garritan Personal Orchestra has both a built in legato mode and auto-alternator for short bows - and it is built on Kontakt.

Maybe it\'s a 1.5 feature, but it\'s definitely there...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I haven\'t seen it, the original post mentioned legato like \"Trilogy\" which is a mono-glide triggering kind of thing for bass lines...I don\'t have the impression that this functionality is available in Kontakt.

If anyone knows where it is please clarify.

Kontakt has both mono mode and portamento/glide functions.

Originally posted by Haydn:
    Kontakt has both mono mode and portamento/glide functions.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">yes a lot of soft synths have them (i.e pro52/53) , but it is not the same. Do you have Trilogy? enable it there and try some synth bass with crushed keyboard glides, or mini-moog type solos

I discussed this very issue with Kontakt development from very early on. The mono-glide technique I\'m talking about hasn\'t yet been accomplished in that tool to my knowledge. Other types of legato/portamento work fine.

apparently very few players need the kind of triggering I\'m talking about anyway (it\'s kind of old fashioned) frequently it\'s difficult trying to explain it.

However it\'s very well done in Trilogy, I think this particular bass techique is something that Eric favors as well.

Go Back to forum