• Register
  • Help

Topic: DP 4.5 is Out!

Share/Bookmark

DP 4.5 is Out!

Beat detection, ADC, single-window workflow, etc. Very nice.

Re: DP 4.5 is Out!

wow...timing is everything....

the question is, when will it actually ship?

MOTU has a habit of announcing something, then the actual ship date is 1-4 months later.

hopefully it will ship immediately, and without any bugs...I don't think MOTU can afford to drop the ball on this release, as a lot of people have abandoned ship...hopefully Apple has given them a wake up call to be more innovative, and competitive.

I agree with Sharmy, nice looking update but not enough to get me back. One thing that did catch my eye however was the consolidated window....that actually looks pretty cool and I would prefer it to having to deal with multiple windows. Logic's quick screenset recall works well, but I still would prefer a less cluttered desktop look.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Well, i for one am encouraged by this announced update. we'll see when it actually ships-someone on the motu list said 3 weeks-but we'll see. one of the recent dp updates was about nine months in coming. let's hope they sped up the GUI.

also, i hope the new features are implemented as implied, unlike recent additions such as the "instrument track" and "freeze" that i don't think were real improvements in the way they were implemented. those are just "me too" features on a spec list, that don't enhance workflow like they should, imo.

can't wait for delay compensation tho, now that i got a UAD card. and if it really works with ProToools now, that's HUGE.

Funny timing tho, that can't be accidental.

peace,
    john
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Smile Re: DP 4.5 is Out!

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    I agree with Sharmy, nice looking update but not enough to get me back. One thing that did catch my eye however was the consolidated window....that actually looks pretty cool and I would prefer it to having to deal with multiple windows. Logic's quick screenset recall works well, but I still would prefer a less cluttered desktop look.
    Yeah, futzing with windows wastes a lot of time for me, so the consolidated window is huge. Think I'll get a UAD-1 card (AFTER DP 4.5 ships) for the hardware emulations. Also hope the beat detection function works well. Heck, I am not even that fond of Recycle, as it seems to require too many tweaks on material other than clean drum/percussion grooves.

Waiting with anticipation

I was wondering when this was going ot happen. First a Sonar 4 was announced and almost immediately afterward SX3 was announced. Then yesterday Logic 7 and today DP 4.5. It makes me wonder if we'll get to do this all over again in a little over year (knowing cakewalk, I'll probably end up upgrading to sonar 5 next fall )

Go Back to forum