• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Debate-less Debate !!

The Debate-less Debate !!

sponsored links

Gotta get the kid to bed early tonight !! I'm Truely excited !

Although, im prepared for a bore after reading this ::

"The debates were staged under a rigid set of rules negotiated by the candidates' representatives to limit spontaneity and opportunities for back-and-forth exchanges."

We can only hope they take off the gloves and do it like real men!!!

Out of my Mind

Re: The Debate-less Debate !!

No one will listen to the issues. It will come down to who has the best suit and tie.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

This is sadly so very true!

We try with our clumsy self’s - bashing and kicking and screaming issues (we feel are of import anyway) and most folks (left or right) just judge you by your good hair (or not).

Then there'll be the: “MY GUY DEFINITELY WON! – NO, MY GUY MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH YOUR GUY – FOR SURE!” No matter WHAT happens in the debate.

Add to that the spin from the networks about what we heard, didn't hear, what we SHOULD think, SHOULDN’T think.

THEN the candidates PROFESSIONAL spin miesters get to…well….um “spin.”

I'm not commenting about the debates, afterwards - one way or the other at all.

There's no need to decide who won the debate. The real competition is for one liners. ("You're no Jack Kennedy.")

We shouldn't vote for the president. We should vote for the best sound byte!

Wink Re: The Debate-less Debate !!

Or: "There you go again..."

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    We shouldn't vote for the president. We should vote for the best sound byte!
    Vote? I'm afraid we'll just have to wait until the sound byte is appointed.

Go Back to forum