There is someone who has been an important part of the Garritan Libraries that I would like you to know, and to possibly help.

Frank and I have been close life-long friends. Frank was 10 and I was 9 years old when we formed our first rock band 'The Invaders' (see photo below) and have been involved with many music project since.

For many years Frank Spitznagel has been a driving force in music and comedy in New York City. Frank Spitznagel has performed at Lincoln Center on many occasions and served as resident pianist for the 'Lincoln Center Meet the Artist' series. He has performed with Itzak Perlman, Benny Golson, DeGonge Manfredi, Loni Ackerman, Patrick A'Hearn, and many other classical and as some of Broadway's Brightest Stars. He has performed on Broadway and Off-Broadway productions, conducted national tours of Broadway players, and has worked on countless shows at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. He was also the musical director of Chicago City Limits in New York City for many years. Frank has extensive arranging and orchestration experience. Frank is a Boston Conservatory graduate, and his music and arrangements have been performed in film and television. With all his experience in orchestration and contacts at Lincoln Center, Frank was a natural when it came to helping me plan and develop my libraries.

Unfortunately this past summer summer Frank was stricken with a form of Vasculitis called WEGENER'S GRANULOMATOSIS, an extremely rare blood disease that he will live with and will have to be treated for the rest of his life. He's been in an out of hospitals for the last 4 months. His health coverage lapsed and he has medical bills ranging in the tens of thousands. A group of friends are raising some money to help Frank.

On Monday, October 4th, there will be a 'Benefit for Frank Spitznagel' at the UCB THEATER at 307 West 26th Street in New York City.

For one night only, some of the many performers that Frank has worked with and musically supported over the years are all coming out to support him. This star-studded evening will include live and pre-taped performances from:

Members of the The Broadway Show 'Avenue Q', Emily Skinner (from the Broadway shows 'The Full Monty' and 'Sideshow'), Raissa Katona Bennett (Phantom of the Opera), Lean Hocking (Jekyll & Hyde, Guys & Dolls, Grease), Ed Helms (The Daily Show), Demetri Martin, Julian Velard, Guile, Michelle Foor, plus a Few More Surprise Guests. There will also be video taped appearances from Andrew Daly, Jerry Minor, Colton Dunn, Danielle Schneider, Dannah Feinglass, Jamie Denbo, John Bowie, and Joe O’Brien.

In addition to the evening’s amazing live performances there will be a charity raffle and a silent celebrity auction which will include such prizes as: A Keanu Reeves Autographed Matrix Teaser Poster --Will Ferrell and Adam Mckay Autographed Anchorman Poster --Tickets to Saturday Night Live--An autographed 1st Season DVD of Mad TV --An Autographed UCB Season 1 DVD -An Autographed Script from the Cast of Soundtracks Live (Including Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, Maya Rudolph, Fred Armisen and more) -An Avenue Q Poster, autographed by the entire cast ---CD Prize Package--Old School and Starsky and Hutch scripts autographed by the Writers and Director --Plus items from Horatio Sanz, John McEnroe, Toots Maytal, and much more There will also be a party after the event.

For more information about the event: or

If you are willing and want to help, you can bid on the items available for the Silent Auction or to make Donations: Log on to

Of course if you are in New York City you are invited to attend.

Gary Garritan

Frank, Me & Bob