• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Registration: Gigapiano disc not found... URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Share/Bookmark

I have to fix this soon or my Giga will expire, and I need it.

I moved my Giga to another computer, but this computer doesn\'t recognize the Gigapiano disc in the drive. The other one had no problems.

I tried everything... swapping drives, cables, drive letters, some regediting... nothing helps. I read this issue here before, but none of the solutions helped.

Any ideas ??

Thanks a lot

Maarten

Re: Registration: Gigapiano disc not found... URGENT HELP PLEASE!

You should contact customer service at Tascam. Perhaps yours is one of the bad Gigapiano discs that people were having trouble with a while back.

I had this problem and I still do more or less...
    what I did is just cleaned the cd a bit, and then tryed to finish the instalation about 25, times..LOL!
    Basicly, pushed it until it managed to somehow read the data it needs...and now its installed and I don\'t touch it..
    hardly a smart solution..but at least I managed to install it..

Alex

I\'d try Lex his solution. But once you have it working I would definatly ask for a new CD. Otherwise next time you have to resetup again for some reason you run into trouble again.

Hi Maarten, Dave here. Nice work on your libraries and music by the way. I like your sampling philosophy of not getting too close to the instruments and of not going chromatic. I get more bang for the buck with more samples loaded and more velocities than chromatic samples. I even reduce my own chromatic libraries down to every other note. But anyway..
    to your problem..
    It could be a defective piano disk but it could also be a glitch with the CD-ROM drive and the Giga Software and there are various registry settings that can help, but usually, getting the latest version of GigaStudio (patch update 2.5.x) can fix that problem if that is the case. If the disk works on one maching consistently but not on an other, that could be the problem. Make sure you do the patch update if you haven\'t. Since you registered with your first machine, you aren\'t in the catch 22 of not being on the Tascam database.
    Hope this helps.
    David Govett

Hi Maarten,

I hope you solved the problem yet, but if not, this might help by accident:

I had the same problem two days ago setting up a new machine with a Via-chipset. The only way to make GS recognize the CD has been to install the latest separate Via busmaster driver-setup. If you HAVE a Via chipset on this system feel free to contact me at gos@gmxpro.net for details.

Greetings

Roman Beilharz

I\'ve had the same problem for about a year. My computer reads the Gigapiano disc fine, but I can never register during installation - it says \"Gigapiano not found\". I\'ve tried dealing with Tascam several times, but no answers. It\'s a bit annoying, I own the software legally. Anyway, my only solution is to click cancel and not register - and then every time I open the program I have to click cancel. After about a month, it won\'t open anymore. I then have to uninstall Giga, reboot, and reinstall. That buys me about a month until it happens again. Tascam has been absolutely no help - so I just deal with it cause I need to work everyday.

Good luck - JC

I have a problem that\'s similar, but not. I upgraded to GS96 from Giga LE and moved it to a new machine at the same time. GS96 has never recognized its registration (I just click cancel), but it\'s also never timed out (been about 6 months now). Pretty wierd given what I\'ve read here.

Steve
    http://www.mp3.com/stevechandler
    aka Ettienne
    http://www.mp3.com/ettienne

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I solved it the hard way: I changed back Sequencer <> Giga PC\'s [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The disc works perfectly on the other PC... weird.

Thanks again,

Maarten

I had this same problem and searched the Tascam forum and found the answer (at least for me it worked). The CD drive must be on the \"second\" channel of the IDE controller. I have a RAID system so my hard disks were on the RAID controller. Using what I considered to be \"common sense\" I put my CD drives on the first channel of the \"ordinary\" IDE controller. The installation software would not find the piano disk. As soon as I moved my CD drives to the second channel of the \"ordinary\" IDE controller everything worked fine the first time. As a side note I also tried to get assistance from Tascam tech support and received only an annoying email telling me to perform a complicated manual uninstall of the software. You\'d think their uninstaller would be smart enough to actually remove what the installer had put in...

Go Back to forum