• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Round 1

Share/Bookmark

Round 1

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Even though I'm a conservative, I gotta admit Kerry did a good job in the debate.

...even though he is still being disingenuous.

Re: Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Even though I'm a conservative, I gotta admit Kerry did a good job in the debate.

...even though he is still being disingenuous.

Disingenuous regarding what?

And yeah, he mopped the floor with our president. It's embarrasing that he is the so-called leader of the free world.

BTW I am not a democrat

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    Disingenuous regarding what?

And yeah, he mopped the floor with our president. It's embarrasing that he is the so-called leader of the free world.

BTW I am not a democrat
    He's still claiming he's had 1 position on Iraq which is not true. I don't mind if politicians change their minds, but Kerry has gone back and forth several times. He's also taking swipes at Bush for positions he's mirrored.

Senators flip-flop - HELLO ? They answer to their constituents - that is why senators rarely win. It is their Achilles heal. Last two i can recall - of course Kennedy (Mass)- and Truman (Missouri). It is their fate to be accused of this. Same crap was flung at McGovern in '72 - same fear tactics by Nixon. - McGovern was anti-vietnam, was painted the same as Kerry was, regardless of the fact that McGovern was a HIGHLY decorated fighter pilot in WWII broke down some of the strongholds in poland and western europe - was one of only a few that survived those missions. McGovern never played that card though. He was for peace. Anyhow, i digress.

He's still claiming he's had 1 position on Iraq which is not true. I don't mind if politicians change their minds, but Kerry has gone back and forth several times. He's also taking swipes at Bush for positions he's mirrored.
    I belive you're wrong on this , Wes. Can you describe what he has changed his position on?

I know it is common public opinion that he is a "flip-flopper". The republicans have quoted him out of context and have presented partial truths in their attempt to mislead people on this, in my opinion. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Cool Re: Round 1

Just posted by runamuck after debate:

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    ...he mopped the floor with our president...
    I stated the following the day before the debate:

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Then there'll be the: “MY GUY DEFINITELY WON! – NO, MY GUY MOPPED THE FLOOR WITH YOUR GUY – FOR SURE!” No matter WHAT happens in the debate.

I'm not commenting about the debates, afterwards - one way or the other at all.
    ...and that's why.

Problem is that this debate could swing the election for either side...

JG

I know - I'm watchin' now - got the idiots on their cell phones wavin' to the camera - but still it's the same thing: "My guy - NO, MY GUY!!! FOX-CNN-MSNBC the same."

It USED to be that way but they're so controlled; best make-up, hair. And there's two more "debates" to endure.

I'm kind of of the mind set - after seeing a couple dozen of these, that whatever "winner" COULD be eeeked out of these "debates" is the candidate or candidates that do not severely mess up. Kind of sad.

It should be more like the Miss America pageant: best swimsuit, best abs, plays the most instruments, rangles & the ropes the calf the fastest, arm wrestling - and then the final round: WWF style wrestling.

Kerry has NOT gone back and forth. Even that cute little "flip-flopper" video the RNC did actually shows him being consistent.

I really loved when he said (and I paraphrase), "It's one thing to be certain, and it's another thing to be certain and WRONG." Whoever has the exact quote can correct me. But that sentiment sums up the major difference between these two men.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast