• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 152

Topic: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    sponsored links


    ***Advertisments***
    From a purely objective, detatched from personal bias viewpoint. Kerry certainly had the upper hand, was confident, informative, and concise.

    I think he gave what the undecided what they wanted. And was genuine. He never pounced on top of a rebuttle, he was clear and calm and would crescendo and decrescendo with his points. Very elloquently. Maybe stumbled twice. Bush, well -- the same ol' hat.

    Kerry was very methodical, Bush was flying by the seat of his pants. As he has through his whole term.

  2. #2

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by SWL
    From a purely objective, detatched from personal bias viewpoint. Kerry certainly had the upper hand, was confident, informative, and concise.

    I think he gave what the undecided what they wanted. And was genuine. He never pounced on top of a rebuttle, he was clear and calm and would crescendo and decrescendo with his points. Very elloquently. Maybe stumbled twice. Bush, well -- the same ol' hat.

    Kerry was very methodical, Bush was flying by the seat of his pants. As he has through his whole term.
    I'm not objective by any means, but I cannot understand how ANYONE could look at Bush's performance tonight and think he did well. He was remarkable in only one aspect: remarkably bad.

  3. #3

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    Not to defend Bush, but...

    I had an aha moment years ago during a Clinton State of the Union address. At one point Clinton made an eloquent sweeping, general statement about the goodness of America and the spirit of our people. The Democrats stood and cheers. The Republicans sat and grumbled.

    I realized that if you believed Clinton to be truthful and honorable, his message was inspiring. And if you believed him to be a lying traitor, each word would just make you more and more disgusted.

    I also thought that Kerry was much more dignified, focused and presidential. But I don't think that Bush came off too terribly bad to people who adore him.

    -JF

  4. #4

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    Hardcore Republicans are not going to switch no matter what....I mean Bush could reveal a 666 on his forehead and those guys (particularly Giuliani) would still vote for him.

    This debate is critical for the 10-20% of undecided that will decide this election. These guys have a good chance of being won over by Kerry after tonight.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

  5. #5

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I also thought that Kerry was much more dignified, focused and presidential. But I don't think that Bush came off too terribly bad to people who adore him.
    This is to be expected. His base will not waiver, no matter what he does. A debate is not going to raise their IQs or change their religion.

    The people Kerry supporters need to be concerned with are the independents and the undecideds. And Kerry did a MASTERFUL job of defining himself last night. No matter how much Bush tried to portray him as a flip-flopper, Kerry proved with the substance of the material, his speech, his tone, and his body language, that he's anything BUT a flip-flopper.

    Fortunately, independents gave Kerry an double digit win in the debates and I believe that this will translate into votes.

  6. #6

    Thumbs up Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    I usually stay out of the OT section... (Scary territory)

    But, I have to voice 2 words...

    KERRY ROCKS!!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

  7. #7

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Bush could reveal a 666 on his forehead.
    Forget 4 more years...
    In that case, aren't we all looking at a thousand?

  8. #8

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    I'd say Kerry won this first one as well and certainly got more of my confidence.

    Regarding Bush, if he were just a lot smoother with his delivery, then most upper-bumpkins probably would bypass the fact he doesn't say anything meaningful. But his stuttering, word mix ups and fumbling for words really do him in.

    Maybe, I'm wrong about that. Maybe his supporters like this 'Reality Show' image he portrays so effortlessly.

  9. #9

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    "You cannot lead if you send mexxed missiges."
    - George W. Bush

  10. #10

    Re: Kerry: 1 Bush: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    I'd say Kerry won this first one as well and certainly got more of my confidence.

    Regarding Bush, if he were just a lot smoother with his delivery, then most upper-bumpkins probably would bypass the fact he doesn't say anything meaningful. But his stuttering, word mix ups and fumbling for words really do him in.

    Maybe, I'm wrong about that. Maybe his supporters like this 'Reality Show' image he portrays so effortlessly.
    The thing is, is that his supporters are stuttering, fumbling, mixed up, country bumpkins anyway. Most of the people I've seen lately flying the Bush/Cheney flag crawled out from under their rocks only last week and are still getting acclimated to the 21st century. So I don't think his delivery or imbecility will affect those hard core Bush supporters who also sideline for NRA meetings one bit. One a side note, Kerry with his perfect demeanor and articulate message probably comes off as a lawyer and scares away these type of folken, since they have to deal with lawyers once a week on domestic dispute charges.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •