• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FUN, What would be your ideal debate?

Share/Bookmark

FUN, What would be your ideal debate?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Here's mine (posted from a previous thread):

It should be more like the Miss America pageant: best swimsuit, best abs, plays the most instruments, rangles & the ropes the calf the fastest, arm wrestling - and then the final round: WWF style wrestling.

Re: FUN, What would be your ideal debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Here's mine (posted from a previous thread):

It should be more like the Miss America pageant: best swimsuit, best abs, plays the most instruments, rangles & the ropes the calf the fastest, arm wrestling - and then the final round: WWF style wrestling.
    Bush would lose that one, too.

Bush & Kerry in the beer belch contest?

Best sun tan?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Best sun tan?
    Kerry by a mile if George Hamilton were a judge.

I do know you're kidding , but I'm going to answer this question seriously.

After the time-limited answers/rebuttals, there should be a discussion between the two candidates. The moderator should only step in when both candidates are talking at once.

I agree completely! 100% on the mark. They should discuss - as friends or acquaintances, say, in a living room setting with moderator in center chair.

They could bring notes but would have to discuss exactly how they feel or felt about a particular situation and DIRECTLY TIE IT INTO: the action(s) they took or will take and/or vote they did, didn't or would/wouln't cast.

Example: I felt strongly about spending too much money on that day and was concerned our US budget couldn't handle it.... I have since received additional info that made me change my opinion and here is that info....etc....

Other candidate: I was seriously worried to death that this madman would do something irrational and would jeapordize the whole world's saftey. I saw a clip about genocide (gassing hand chopping - whatever) and it made me sick and from that moment forward, I became determined....etc...

See what I mean? I want to know what makes these guys tick - what they where thinking at a particular moment. I want to know exactly HOW the decisions they made or WILL make, wether good/bad/indifferent, come to crystalization, into an action or inaction.

I think debates are useful. But I would also like to see a scenario where it's just the two of them, two chairs, and a camera.

No moderator, no table or lectern to hide behind. Just the two of them with a list of questions asked by Ralph Nader.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    I think debates are useful. But I would also like to see a scenario where it's just the two of them, two chairs, and a camera.

No moderator, no table or lectern to hide behind. Just the two of them with a list of questions asked by Ralph Nader.
    Man, that would be excellent. Nader would be at his best in that environment.

Multiple cameras, though. Cutaways tell over half the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Bush & Kerry in the beer belch contest?
    I have no deep-seeded need to see either of them belch, but what about the two of them, on stage, no questions, matching each other drink for drink until they both lose the normal inhibitions one has when sober, and listen to what's going on in their heads while catching a good, solid alcohol buzz?

I might pay to see that.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast