• Register
  • Help

Topic: GSIF-2 for M-audio audiophile 24/96

GSIF-2 for M-audio audiophile 24/96

Anybody tried the new driver for m-audio 2496 yet?

This version: is listed as a beta version that supports gsif-2 and gigastudio 3. Haven't dared to, yet, myself ...

Re: GSIF-2 for M-audio audiophile 24/96

I have briefly tried on my one-computer system. Seems to work fine, including Rewire into Cubase, but my testing is limited to a couple of hours.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the multiclient function working on this card so I can get some other VSTi's going with Cubase...doesn't appear this driver supports that (see my post earlier today). Any clues where the required driver is hidden on the M-Audio site?

On the control panel for the m-audio audiophile card, there is a section called "multi-track driver devices" -- is that what you seek? There is a grayed-out section on mine that looks as though it synchonizes two cards in the same system (which I don't have).

I've been using multiple application access to the sound card successfully for sometime: sonar 3PE + samplitude + gigastudio + musicmatch jukebox mp3 player, all work together most of the time.

Winsted, CT

You want to set the "multi Track driver Device" to Independant for multi-client use.

Thanks Bill - looks like that is what I'm after.

Don't you just love trying to figure out those M-Audio control panels.

Of the cards I own

Tascam PCI 822
    Yamaha SW1000xg
    Echo Mia
    Terratec EWX2496

Not one of them has a confusing control panel.

I tried the GSIF-2 driver for m-audio delta audiophile 24/96, the version with installer called Delta_WDM_5.10.00.0048a.exe -- it worked, and the GSIF-2 even worked to the small extent I tested it. However, it caused my KVM switch to freeze for about 2 seconds every time I switched to the gigastudio computer, which exasperated me enough to roll back the new driver, to one called which had been working fine. Though a note on the m-audio website about the new fix gave me pause: it "fixed a mismatched sample rate in audio" ??

Just a comment: kitekrazy, I'm glad you said it first. Those M-Audio control panels (and the manual btw) drive me NUTS!

Go Back to forum