• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Request: Best sounding String Layers?

Share/Bookmark

Request: Best sounding String Layers?

Just curious what you guys might share with us for a great sounding string section. Right now I layer VSL with SISS. Anyone care to share a short mp3 of their string sections? Any section is good, whether it be violins, celli, violas, or basses. Preferably violins!!!!
    Sorry I'm a bit drunk right now but would love to hear!

Re: Request: Best sounding String Layers?

Hi Damon,

My favorite blend is just like you VSL+SISS (mini). In my little world it could sound like this:

www.nicklas-schmidt.com/demo/optog.mp3

Enjoy

Hi Damon,

Great topic.

In addition to libs, specific patches within the libs would be good too.

Sorry I am away from my studio now but VSL and GOS' Grand Detache work fairly well together.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Thanks for sharing that mp3 UnisonVery cool.
    LoL Craig. Had a gig last night and a few to many Sambukas:P

You're welcome Damon,

So now the sambuca fumes have left your body, would you share a swig of your own string blend?

I did a piece recently Unison that I posted on NS around Memorial Day called "Garden of Sorrow". I used VSL perf-leg violins along with SISS 1st vln sordinos and all other strings were SISS except QLSO bass pizz.
    Its on my website but my website unfortunately can't handle alot of people looking at it or it will shut down since its a free webspace from Tripod, but you can give it a try:

http://damonbradley.tripod.com/

Damon, I really like that! The sordino SI gives a very charming character to the violins. Very nice piece!

I hope your account survived!

Damon,
    Thanks for the specific patch info. I had missed Garden of Sorrow first time around. Beautiful, skilled compostion, and especially convincing string layers.

Joanne

Great piece, Damon, and very well arranged/produced. Exceptional use of the volume controllers to get some really convincing string and wood performances, too.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    I did a piece recently Unison that I posted on NS around Memorial Day called "Garden of Sorrow".

Go Back to forum