• Register
  • Help

Topic: WEIRD! HELP! (GSEditor)

Share/Bookmark

WEIRD! HELP! (GSEditor)

Can anyone help with this sudden weird problem.

Whilst Wav Editing a gig I suddenly realised the samples were being detuned in the Temp Gig file. The original gig was fine. When I played back the temp file in the wave editor it was detuned. When I saved it back into the original gig the sample was detuned. At first I thought the editor was grabbing the wrong sample portions from the gig file, but comparing the wave pattern to a fresh gig install -it seems right. Weirdly, they are detuned by approx one and a half semitones. Weirder still it is only happening to E5 and above. Even weirder: I noted a little dynamic pitch change in one sample. It started doing it just after S. Korea scored their winning knock-out goal against Italy -if that\'s of any help.

I have been using the same software for this for 2 years: GS and Samplitude (apart from GSt upgrades, but not recently) and this is the first time this has happened. I\'ve tried reinstalling the programs to no avail -it\'s still doing it.

Is this familiar to anybody??

I\'m using 16bit, 44.1 Khz. It\'s now happening to every gig file if I try and audio edit E5 and over. It has to be a sample rate problem, but where, what, how. All the settings are correct.

Re: WEIRD! HELP! (GSEditor)

I have no idea, Check the unity note settings, and check the EG3 settings. Make sure there isn\'t anything out of whack in there

Re: WEIRD! HELP! (GSEditor)

Everything looks OK in GSeditor, incl. unity note, fine tuning and EG3.

I\'ve discovered what\'s happening, but not how or why. At E5 and above, some, but not all, samples are loaded into the temp gig file, and hence the wave editor, at 48Khz instead of 44.1, and saved back into the gig at 48khz, increasing the pitch by perhaps 150 cents. The sample rate conversion oviously happens as the .gig file is converted into a .wav file, but I don\'t know why it affects some samples and not others.

Any clues anybody?

Go Back to forum