• Register
  • Help

Topic: Running GPO on multiple computers

Share/Bookmark

Running GPO on multiple computers

I use GPO as playback for Sibelius.

I saw a post about multiple authorizations/computers and am wondering what sort of configurations people are using.

I would assume that some sort of notation/sequencer is being put to work, and then are the others set up as stand-alone/dedicated units?

Re: Running GPO on multiple computers

I have GPO on 2 PC machines as you get 2 authorizations.

My machines are networked together with FXTeleport. This allows MIDI to go over the network with no need for MIDI interface and cables. The digital audio comes back over the network interface so you don't need an audio card on the 2nd message. There is a little bit more latency when recording but playback is always right on.

I use Sonar as my sequencer on my main machine. This loads the VST's on both machines and saves all the data on my main machine. When you load the song in Sonar it loads the song and all the VST's on both machines including GPO, Kontakt, VST effects, etc.

I use Remote Desktop Connection on my main Windows XP machine to load the sounds in Kontakt on the remote machine which is located on the other side of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn

...My machines are networked together with FXTeleport.

...I use Remote Desktop Connection on my main Windows XP
    Hey Haydn,

Windows XP Home or Pro ?

Do you know if Remote Desktop Connection and FXTeleport would allow me to control a 2nd PC (tower) with my laptop ?

NDEE

I'm running Windows XP Pro on all of my machines. FXTeleport and Remote Desktop Connection will work between a laptop and desktop. The remote PC would help offload a decent load from your laptop.

Thanks for the tips!

NDEE

Go Back to forum