• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a way to control the regularity and volume dips and peeks in a flange effect

Share/Bookmark

Is there a way to control the regularity and volume dips and peeks in a flange effect

By default, one of course sets a flange to (among other things) occur at a regular interval and reach a certain volume.

I'm trying to find a way to manipulate a flange that will let me create irregular variations in the speed and volume. Essentially, what I want is the ability to apply an adsr envelope to each "stage" of the flange, so the notes can float back into hearing without a regular sine wave pattern, or any regular shape. (To be able to set these parameters, not control them manually.)

I suspect that the way to do this is well known. But not by me. Any suggestions?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Is there a way to control the regularity and volume dips and peeks in a flange effect

Maybe just automate a flanger with a sequencer? I can't really think of any other way to do it. Nord Lead has some programming like that in one of the presets, but it's a live playing thing. I'm not sure how it's manipulated--a bandmate of mine gets that effect from his Nord...it's one of his pet sounds.

Go Back to forum