• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: replacing instrument doesn't work?!

Share/Bookmark

replacing instrument doesn't work?!

I was preparing some performances for QL VOTA, and as I was expecting to replace some of the Male Choirs "instruments" by Their Female equivalents, by dragging and dropping them in the place of the Male ones, each time, GS3 looks like its computing the change/load up, but the sample/instrument doesn't change!

So the only way to do this in to detach the loaded instrument before loading the new one...before you wonder, let me add that in ,in my prefs/ GigaSettings, I do have the "replace instrrument with new one" (or something like this) checked.

Is it something about me or yet another little bug crawling all over the current stability of GS3?
    B

Re: replacing instrument doesn't work?!

Just tested it here and drag and drop from the Quicksound window replaces the instrument for me. I am running GS3 Orchestra.

If you are using a sequencer, is it possible that your sequencer is resetting the instrument? That happened to me more than once.

well, interesting... I hope you won't mind trying a couple very simple things as references?

1 - do you get it to do what it should when you open performances one after the other...ie: you have a performance loaded and working fine, and you go to >open and you choose a performance, by navigating to it as you would, and you open it...does the new performance replace the former one perfectly?

2 - does exiting a performance by choosing >new from your file menu actually remove the performance you are trying to exit from completely?

Thanks in advance for checking.
    Best

....Puzzling, but the inability to "replace" instruments by drag n dropping actually doesn't happen with every library...(!)...vota does have a problem with it,but other libs don't...

b

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog
    1 - do you get it to do what it should when you open performances one after the other...ie: you have a performance loaded and working fine, and you go to >open and you choose a performance, by navigating to it as you would, and you open it...does the new performance replace the former one perfectly?
    This seems to work for me. All the channels of the old performance are replaced by the new instruments. All the old instruments are unloaded.

2 - does exiting a performance by choosing >new from your file menu actually remove the performance you are trying to exit from completely?
    No, choosing NEW leaves all the current instruments loaded.

Thanks for your feedback Axiom.

Ironically "relieved" to hear that the NEW selection isn't specific to my setup...

I'm assuming that you tried the D&Drop instrument replacing with a lib other than VOTA...am i right?

It might not be 'intuitive' but the operation of <F>ile <N>ew allows you to save similar performance settings under different names -- all the 'new' does is to give you the opportunity to change name of the gsp/gsi. Does not unload everything; this is different from nearly every other windows program, but could be thought of as useful, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    It might not be 'intuitive' but the operation of <F>ile <N>ew allows you to save similar performance settings under different names -- all the 'new' does is to give you the opportunity to change name of the gsp/gsi. Does not unload everything; this is different from nearly every other windows program, but could be thought of as useful, maybe.
    I guess "File/Save As" wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog
    I'm assuming that you tried the D&Drop instrument replacing with a lib other than VOTA...am i right?
    I just tried it with VOTA, and drag & drop replacement worked fine replacing male choirs with female and vice versa. Attempting to break it, I loaded and saved several perfomances. I had a little weirdness related to going back and reloading a performance that had been loaded and then changed. I think this is another "non-intuitive/different from other windows programs" thing. Instead of using "Load" to go back and load the original instruments, using "Revert" does it.

Make sure you don't have "stacking" enabled.

Go Back to forum