• Register
  • Help

Topic: avante garde sample libraries

Share/Bookmark

avante garde sample libraries

Are there any "avante garde" type brass/sax sample libraries available? What I need especially is a screaming out of control John Coltrane on acid sort of sound. I`ve heard a few sax and brass libraries but they`re fairly straight forward and proper and not what I`m looking for.

thanks

Rick

Re: avante garde sample libraries

No, but perhaps this is a niche that should be explored by some entrepreneurial developer!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    ...perhaps this is a niche that should be explored by some entrepreneurial developer!
    You mean something like this.

Hey ngstime, this looks darn interesting. I don't know who they are, but if they get it right, they'll have a big seller. Looks like a autumn 2005 release - a long time to wait.

Meantime, sunra might want to try SAM brass which has an excellent selection wild "out of control" patches. No saxes though.

Cheers

Quantum Leap Brass also seems to have alot of different sounds.

Sonny Simmons did one called Saxophone Legacy.

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=164

On his own recordings (and live---he held down the corner of 11th and Folsom in San Francisco for a few years back in the late '80s/early '90s), he's a fairly "out" player...The samples provided on the link above are a bit more conventional, but it might be worth looking into...

Much thanks for the leads. "The Crypt" looks interesting,thanks for the link

Rick

Go Back to forum