• Register
  • Help

Topic: Boycott Matt Drudge !!!!

Share/Bookmark

Boycott Matt Drudge !!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Ok ... i use to goto Drudge's site on a daily basis, i liked to get a head's up on breaking news, before it had to go through corporate/network filters.

Well .. i've always known of Drudge's tilt to the right, and heard him called 'internet gossip', for a while now.

But since the election has been in full tilt, Drudge finds gossip about Kerry worthy of running as a headline all day.

Actually - Kerry's tan was a headline for 2 days!! Now, the supposed debate 'cheat sheet' of Kerry's is full page. Drudge has lost all credibility in me.

He IS a gossip reporter - regardless of his few journalistic highlights !

If you also feel that he has stooped to new lows, email him at mdrudge@aol.com and let him know

Re: Boycott Matt Drudge !!!!

I have always felt he was stooping.

Objectivity seems to be becoming an endangered specie of the mind. I realize we all have our biases and I also know how difficult it is to see through them. The Kerry vs Bush situation now is a good example: I dont think the right or the left would claim that their candidate is perfect but proponents of both sides sure pretend them to be.

Propoganda, I think, is one of mankinds most pernicious enemies. We're all guilty of it to one extent or another but some, like Drudge, like Limbaugh, seem to intentionally manipulate and distort the facts to the extent that it is becoming a black art.

Shame on them. They need to be shunned.

Jim

Viva la CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Viva la CBS.
    Since you're so down on CBS, I guess you'll have to condemn Fox News as well. They had to retract a phony anti-Kerry story than ran on Oct. 1.

What do you say, TAI? You gonna paint Fox News with the same broad brush you do CBS?

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Since you're so down on CBS, I guess you'll have to condemn Fox News as well. They had to retract a phony anti-Kerry story than ran on Oct. 1.

What do you say, TAI? You gonna paint Fox News with the same broad brush you do CBS?
    Pardon me for jumping in, but the Fox story was apparently written as a joke and only posted by accident. Not quite the same as the CBS thing. Of course, you guys probably don't buy the "accident" story and think it's all part of that vast right wing conspiracy...

Quote Originally Posted by glennm01
    Pardon me for jumping in, but the Fox story was apparently written as a joke and only posted by accident. Not quite the same as the CBS thing. Of course, you guys probably don't buy the "accident" story and think it's all part of that vast right wing conspiracy...
    So CBS was "conspiring" with the Dems, but Fox only made a "mistake." Nice double standard.

EDIT: By the way, even while Fox does say it was a mistake, they did not characterize it as an "accident."

Go Back to forum