• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does anyone know a program that gets rid of lp hiss when recording to hard drive?

Share/Bookmark

Does anyone know a program that gets rid of lp hiss when recording to hard drive?

I am trying to make some cds from lps that are no longer in print. So far I have used Soundforge to amplify the sound and to crop the recordings the way I want...but I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the hiss of a record player though some recording/editing software. Thanks for any help.

John

Re: Does anyone know a program that gets rid of lp hiss when recording to hard drive?

Since you are already using Sound Forge, you should definitely get Sonic Foundry\'s Noise Reduction 2.0 plug-in. It has all the tools you\'ll need to tame the hiss, plus features to remove clicks and pops as well. It\'s very powerful and flexible.

Re: Does anyone know a program that gets rid of lp hiss when recording to hard drive?

Doug,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go with the sonic foundry item you mentioned. I checked on download.com and there are a lot of complaints about the stability of Diamond Cut 32 (which was my other option). Thanks again.

John

I use both Sonic Foundry\'s noise reduction plugs and Diamond Cut 32, and both work very well. I\'ve had DC32 for quite a while now and bought the SF plugs when I upgraded to version 6. The deal still may be available if you have not upgraded to 6. It was $199 for the upgrade and the plugs.

-- Martin

Thanks a lot. The deal was still on. I upgraded to 6.0 and got Noise Reduction bundled with it. I am very pleased with its abilities so far. Thanks for the advice.

John

Go Back to forum