• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 Emperor Delivered!

Share/Bookmark

GS3 Emperor Delivered!

An envelope was waiting for me today with the revised Post Gold Bundle.
    I loaded it up for GS3 and it's fabulous. Not only does it now load properly, but (as I predicted) got rid of the glitches I noticed in the GS2 version I had tried earlier.

Re: GS3 Emperor Delivered!

Can you play it without crackles and pops? If you can what is your setup.

The C's and P's that i'm getting with my piano libraries is ruining GS3 for me.

I have a better system then Tascam reccomends for GS3 in every component and i still can't you GS3 without glitches.

I called TS today and they said to change the sample rate to 48K and that would help... It does help but does not get rid of the pop and ~~~~.

If it's working for you what's you secret?

Anybody?

giga...

I have one weird glitch with GS3. When it loads I have to hit reset or no audio comes out. Other than that, it's great. No pops or clicks. I'm using:

Asus MB with Nvidia Gforce chipset
    Athalon 3000 clocked at 2.1 Ghz
    Echo Mia soundcard
    1Gig Ram (plan to expand that)
    WinXP Pro

It's not a power system by any stretch.

BTW, I think we're set at 44.1 sample rate but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    Can you play it without crackles and pops? If you can what is your setup.

giga...
    If you experience C's&P's with large sample libraries (more precise pianos) I would certainly consider the hard drive the first suspect. Once loaded in GS3 you need disk streaming a lot while playing. Any glitch in the hard drive data transfer results in audible glitches.
    Usual remedies include defragmenting the drive, keeping samples on a non-system drive, using the fastest drive you can get for a piano (10.000 rpm S-ATA, preferably in RIAD config) and 32 data transfer and Ultra DMA5 enabled.
    Corrupt or conflicting hardware drivers for audio- and video card must be eliminated as well as IRQ conflicts.
    Last option is running a RAM test utility to ensure the RAM chips have no corrupt clusters.

Do the C's&P's start immediately after playing a note (during the attack) or is there a small delay? Streaming begins after something like 1.5 sec. If the clicks start there too your hard drive management system is corrupt.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon
    An envelope was waiting for me today with the revised Post Gold Bundle.
    I loaded it up for GS3 and it's fabulous. Not only does it now load properly, but (as I predicted) got rid of the glitches I noticed in the GS2 version I had tried earlier.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm very happy we solved all issues and you're enjoying them!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I have a Vision DAW made for GigaStudio system (Intel MOBO with 3Ghz Xeon and 1 Gig of memory and an RME HDSP 9652 sound card.

Normal playing yields no problems. I just tried some crude polyphony
    tests: slammed my arms on as many keys as possible and ran some pedal down full keyboard glissasndos and didn't hear any artifacts of any sort. I also paired it with a stacked string section made up of eight instruments from the VGL (each of the instruments with stacatto and sustain loaded). Still sounds good, system doesn't even seem to be breathing heavy.

With regard to having to hit reset...make sure you don't have any keys inadvertantly depressed while loading the instruments. Since I tend to use my 88 key midi controller as my "workspace" pieces of scores, the computer keyboard, etc often are leaning on the black keys and that soft wedges GigaStudio on certain actions.

All Notes Off (or reset) tends to unjam it (or lifting whatever is leaning on the keys).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon
    With regard to having to hit reset...make sure you don't have any keys inadvertantly depressed while loading the instruments. Since I tend to use my 88 key midi controller as my "workspace" pieces of scores, the computer keyboard, etc often are leaning on the black keys and that soft wedges GigaStudio on certain actions.

All Notes Off (or reset) tends to unjam it (or lifting whatever is leaning on the keys).
    Good thinking, but it's definitely not that. I'm always carful abot not having keys depresed when GIGA loads, or is loading a sound. When it first loads something weird is going on that needs to be reset. I updated the ECHO card drivers too. That fixed a MIDI glitch but not this audio thing.

Got me, but it may be GSIF-2 related. My midi is not GSIF-2.

Go Back to forum