• Register
  • Help

Topic: ZERO NI Response to Kontakt Registration Woes

Share/Bookmark

ZERO NI Response to Kontakt Registration Woes

I am more than a little perturbed.

Computer trouble led me to do a wipe and reinstall of my OS and apps. In the process of reinstalling GPO (NI Kontakt Player), I decided to put the sample library itself on a different hard drive. Result: The system ID that NI\'s registration process creates changed from the original one that I had authorized the Kontakt Player with. So, I go to re-register at the NI site. But I can\'t, without deleting an authorization, it tells me, since I have already used two authorizations.

No problem, I think. I de-authorize the old one that I don\'t need anymore. BUT - now it won\'t let me authorize the new one, claiming something about not being allowed to re-authorize for the same machine. Huh???? Different system ID. This is total bull.

So, I send an email to NI. Nothing back. NADA.

Copy protection hell, it is. A catch 22, and nary a human in sight to intervene and clear up the mess. Not even a computerized response to the email request for help, acknowledging my request has been received.

I legitimately own the rights to use this library. But the copy protection system NI is using has unfairly blocked me. And no response from a person who can help.

Beyond livid, I am. This is a great example of how copy protection can punish the honest customer.

Trond

Re: ZERO NI Response to Kontakt Registration Woes

I recommend calling NI Technical Support directly. If you are a Verizon customer, e-mails from NI do not make it through Verizon\'s e-mail filter. I ran into a situation with Kontakt, and became frustrated by the electronic silence until I called support and learned of the Verizon problem. I\'ve found NI\'s Technical Support to be very good -- leave a message, and they\'ll call you back in short order.

Good luck.

I\'m not a Verizon customer, but thanks for the thought. I use bellsouth. I guess calling is a distinct possibility. I\'ll need to cool off a little before I spend international long distance money to get NI to do their job properly :-)

Trond

It ususally takes a week to hear back from NI Germany.

Try calling NI Tech Support in Los Angeles, 9-5 Pacific, at 323-467-2693 -- although with NAMM ramping-up, it may take a couple of days to get a response.

Or better yet call 1-866-556-6487. It\'s usually easy to get them, so if you have problems blame it on NAMM.

I agree with the previous posters. E-mail is a poor substitute for actually talking to someone. Remember to get the name and extension of the person you talk to. Documentation is important.

Thanks guys, the numbers are really helpful.

I\'ll make some calls in the next day or two, now that NAMM is over.

Trond

I thought I\'d close out this thread by reporting that today I got a responsive email from NI, in response to my email to them of Jan 13.

Someone said it takes a week to hear back from NI by email. Right on the mark, it seems.

Trond

Go Back to forum