I increased the buffer size in giga to 2 Mb (largest) and where I expected it to crash it suddenly worked! I'll try again now with my sequencer running...
Same result here except that it is the same with 0.5 or 1 or 2 mb buffer size.
I've tried disabling the currently unused outputs (3+4, 5+6, 7+8) and the audio at the left channel was recorded correctly. However on the right channel there was a continuous pulsewave-like sound. I have to commit....Giga 3 has left me puzzled again.
Actually I can't disable the other outputs of my audiocard because if I do audio capture my DAW reboots. I'm not only puzzled, I'm really frustrated.
Maybe Bruce knows something we don't.
Just to report that I am experiencing this same problem. When I try to do audio capture the system either spontaneously reboots or records only the left channel with heavy distortion. I have tried various adjustments, like increasing the buffer size, altering the audio capture bit depth, enabling all or only some of the sound-card outs, and bypassing FX (i.e. recording only a dry signal). None of this has made any difference, except that the frequency of reboots has decreased since I enabled all the sound-card outs. I still get a distorted and single-channel only recording.
My system is ASUS P4P800 with Pentium 4 2.8GHz and 2MB PC3200 RAM. Sound card is ESI WaMi Rack 24/96.
Yes, same here. My audio is esi pro waveterminal 192 L ver 5.01. My life would soo much more relaxed if this issue could get resolved.
AMD Athlon 3000+
1 gig Infineon PC2700 CL 2.5
ASUS A7N8X Rev. 1.04
ESI/STAudio DSP 24 ADC&DAC 2000
IBM 30,6 gig OS/Programs
1x WD 120 SE AUDIO 1
1x WD 120 SE AUDIO 2
1x WS Raptor 74
Cubase SX 2
Gigastudio 3 Orchestra