• Register
  • Help

Topic: Regarding the audio capturing BSOD

Share/Bookmark

Regarding the audio capturing BSOD

I increased the buffer size in giga to 2 Mb (largest) and where I expected it to crash it suddenly worked! I'll try again now with my sequencer running...

Re: Regarding the audio capturing BSOD

It worked, only the audio is on my left speaker now only, and heavily distorted with aliasing.

Same result here except that it is the same with 0.5 or 1 or 2 mb buffer size.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

I've tried disabling the currently unused outputs (3+4, 5+6, 7+8) and the audio at the left channel was recorded correctly. However on the right channel there was a continuous pulsewave-like sound. I have to commit....Giga 3 has left me puzzled again.

Actually I can't disable the other outputs of my audiocard because if I do audio capture my DAW reboots. I'm not only puzzled, I'm really frustrated.

Maybe Bruce knows something we don't.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Just to report that I am experiencing this same problem. When I try to do audio capture the system either spontaneously reboots or records only the left channel with heavy distortion. I have tried various adjustments, like increasing the buffer size, altering the audio capture bit depth, enabling all or only some of the sound-card outs, and bypassing FX (i.e. recording only a dry signal). None of this has made any difference, except that the frequency of reboots has decreased since I enabled all the sound-card outs. I still get a distorted and single-channel only recording.

My system is ASUS P4P800 with Pentium 4 2.8GHz and 2MB PC3200 RAM. Sound card is ESI WaMi Rack 24/96.

Yes, same here. My audio is esi pro waveterminal 192 L ver 5.01. My life would soo much more relaxed if this issue could get resolved.

Freya

AMD Athlon 3000+
    1 gig Infineon PC2700 CL 2.5
    ASUS A7N8X Rev. 1.04
    ESI/STAudio DSP 24 ADC&DAC 2000
    IBM 30,6 gig OS/Programs
    1x WD 120 SE AUDIO 1
    1x WD 120 SE AUDIO 2
    1x WS Raptor 74
    Cubase SX 2
    Reason